The Student Room Group
Bangor University
Bangor University
Visit website

Bangor Accommodation Choices & Chat Megathread

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Its a Really pretty walk:smile: it did take us like 40 mins to get to upper Bangor when we first got here: L your also really close to menai bridge where there's a woodland trail and the botanical gardens :smile:
Bangor University
Bangor University
Visit website
Reply 41
I'm guilty of never visiting the normal site... :frown: I'm in Alaw on Ffridd. Maybe some time I'll make time for the walk. :tongue:
Reply 42
Original post by MamaKida
Heyo~ I'm hoping to live in the normal site too. :biggrin: The fact that it is quite removed from places is a plus for me - is it really weird that I'm looking forward to the 15min walk I'd have to do to get to my lectures? :3

Welcome to the family!:biggrin: I think that 15min walk will be fun. I'm thinking about getting a bicycle but i'm not sure yet:smile:
Reply 43
Original post by hannahlana
Hey i am a current normal siter and i would choose it over the new halls any time, its really social and you get to know everyone and the jcr are awesome1

I have 2 questions if you don't mind as you live at normal site. 1. When you do your laundry do you have anywhere to hang your clothes to dry? 2. How much storage space do you have in the kitchen? I started my list of what i should buy but i don't want to end up with too many kitchen stuff:biggrin:
Reply 44
Original post by EszterS
Welcome to the family!:biggrin: I think that 15min walk will be fun. I'm thinking about getting a bicycle but i'm not sure yet:smile:

I wouldn't get a bike unless you want to go mountain biking on Snowdonia - from what I've heard, everything's so close you don't really need one. :smile:
Reply 45
Original post by MamaKida
I wouldn't get a bike unless you want to go mountain biking on Snowdonia - from what I've heard, everything's so close you don't really need one. :smile:

I'm not going to do mountain biking but i can always go to the places nearby on a bike:smile: i know that everything is so close but to be fair if i go shopping and have 2-3 bags of food i might not want to walk 15 minutes with them. Also i like the idea of a bicycle and using that to go everywhere:biggrin:
Reply 46
Original post by EszterS
I'm not going to do mountain biking but i can always go to the places nearby on a bike:smile: i know that everything is so close but to be fair if i go shopping and have 2-3 bags of food i might not want to walk 15 minutes with them. Also i like the idea of a bicycle and using that to go everywhere:biggrin:

Lol, that is true. :3
Original post by philippad
I know I'm so excited! Ooh sounds good :biggrin: I'm doing history and I've got an unconditional too!

Hey I'm a current history student if you want to drop me a line :smile:
Reply 48
Original post by EloiseStar
Hey I'm a current history student if you want to drop me a line :smile:

Hi! Ah awesome, thanks! :smile:
i want to live on the normal site too! i am an exchange student from canada studying sports sciences so its really close to the lecture halls. i hope its a lot of fun :smile:
Reply 50
Original post by marisa_jennifer
i want to live on the normal site too! i am an exchange student from canada studying sports sciences so its really close to the lecture halls. i hope its a lot of fun :smile:

Wow, Canada:smile: and yeah, i think it's going to be fun:smile: How long are you going to stay in the UK?
I'm going to be there for a year ! So nervous though, I've never been to the uk ! Where are you from ?
Reply 52
I'm going to be there for a year ! So nervous though, I've never been to the uk ! Where are you from ?

Hungary:biggrin: but i moved here more than 2 years ago:smile: and don't worry, there are a lot of international students who never been here before. And everyone is nervous:smile:
Reply 53

I've never been to the UK too!! I come from Hong Kong, will be staying Bangor for 3 years :redface:
Reply 54
Original post by EszterS
I have 2 questions if you don't mind as you live at normal site. 1. When you do your laundry do you have anywhere to hang your clothes to dry? 2. How much storage space do you have in the kitchen? I started my list of what i should buy but i don't want to end up with too many kitchen stuff:biggrin:

Hey sorry ive just seen your post, there are tumble driers but i do not use them. I highly recommend getting a clothes horse/drier/maiden. I use mine and my best mates from downstairs:L
Hey I will be attending Bangor this September to study Physical Education, I'm rather stuck choosing accommodation as I'm a International Student from Ireland, I'm looking for Somewhere Close to a Gym as I'm a very active person, But I would also like to be close to the town to get supplies and for the night life etc ! Would also rather one of the new halls as i hear the internet is much better. If anyone could help me out it would be much appreciated !
Reply 56
Hi guys,

Might seem unimportant to some of you but are there any students out there that can tell me how slow/fast the internet is on ffriddoedd site?

I'm starting Business/Marketing in September 2014 but I'm also planning on making a little money through internet marketing contracts, so a decent speed would be useful.

If you're in Bangor reading this right now, going to a site like www.speedtest.net and telling me the ping, upload and download speed that'd be great. Cheers
It's Easter vacation at the moment but I'll do it next week if somebody already hasn't. When watching stuff on skygo and stuff like that the internet can be slow at times but most of the time it's fine. Like I said, I'll do it when I'm back if no one has yet :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 58
Original post by EloiseStar
It's Easter vacation at the moment but I'll do it next week if somebody already hasn't. When watching stuff on skygo and stuff like that the internet can be slow at times but most of the time it's fine. Like I said, I'll do it when I'm back if no one has yet :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Brilliant, much appreciated :smile:
Hey all, just wondering what Halls of residency would one recommend. Judged by Cost of Halls, location of halls and the size of bedrooms? Thanks.

Quick Reply

Latest