The Student Room Group
Bangor University
Bangor University
Visit website

Bangor Accommodation Choices & Chat Megathread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Sharky1995
Hey all, just wondering what Halls of residency would one recommend. Judged by Cost of Halls, location of halls and the size of bedrooms? Thanks.

Hi. I'll try to quickly summarise halls.

Reichel - shared bathrooms
Ffridd site old halls - ensuite, £105 ish a month, good quality
Ffridd site new halls - ensuite, £111ish a month, excellent quality

I can't really talk about normal site because I have no idea. I'm in the new halls on ffridd so if you have any questions just quote me. Great size, you can pay extra and get a large room but they're unnecessary for most. Internet, electricity, heating, water provided.
Bangor University
Bangor University
Visit website
Reply 61
Bump. Can anyone help me out?
Reply 62
Original post by EloiseStar
Hi. I'll try to quickly summarise halls.

Reichel - shared bathrooms
Ffridd site old halls - ensuite, £105 ish a month, good quality
Ffridd site new halls - ensuite, £111ish a month, excellent quality

I can't really talk about normal site because I have no idea. I'm in the new halls on ffridd so if you have any questions just quote me. Great size, you can pay extra and get a large room but they're unnecessary for most. Internet, electricity, heating, water provided.

I think you mean per week there...
Original post by b-rad
I think you mean per week there...

Yes, sorry. You get the idea though...
Reply 64
Original post by b-rad
Bump. Can anyone help me out?

Hey, currently in halls on the ffriddoedd site. This was 9am on a Sunday.

Ping: 15ms
Download: 18.63mbps
Upload: 5.76mbps
Reply 65
Original post by Kirstyae
Hey, currently in halls on the ffriddoedd site. This was 9am on a Sunday.

Ping: 15ms
Download: 18.63mbps
Upload: 5.76mbps

That's much better than my terrible home broadband, thanks!
hello, I will also go to study at Bangor this Sept. though, i will study only 1 semester as the exchange student. Hence, I have couple of questions about living there: first of all, what is the average price for staying the the university dorms and what are the conditions over there? Secondly, if I decide to find some house to rent with 1 or 2 other guys/girls is there any other forums or threads where I can find people interested in the renting a house or an apartment together?
Original post by charlottejm
I've been looking at private halls, but I just think the prices are a bit ridiculous as they all seem to be at least £100 per week whereas a house share is around £70 p/w inclusive of bills. I'm probably not gonna have much luck without knowing anyone there yet.
But thanks for the help, i'll probably just end up in halls!

If you are still looking for some roommates, perhaps if I decide not to get the university dorm, then maybe I could join you to rent a flat/house.
Yes, sorry. You get the idea though...

WOW, why is it so expensive? or is it the private rooms with own shower and bathroom? and if you have any idea, what is the price then for a room in a shared flat? cause if it is so expensive, i'd much rather rent a flat/house and share it with some other students.
Original post by Alex Sokol
WOW, why is it so expensive? or is it the private rooms with own shower and bathroom? and if you have any idea, what is the price then for a room in a shared flat? cause if it is so expensive, i'd much rather rent a flat/house and share it with some other students.

Expensive? The most expensive ones at Bangor are actually cheap in comparison to other places!

You get your own bedroom with an ensuite. The kitchen is shared between 8 people.

This is an example of one:
http://www.bangor.ac.uk/accommodation/halls/braint.php.en

Here is a slightly cheaper version, still sharing, just less modern:

http://www.bangor.ac.uk/accommodation/halls/borth.php.en

Here is one of the shared ones where you share a kitchen and bathroom.

http://www.bangor.ac.uk/accommodation/halls/reichel.php.en

All the ones I have sent are on Ffriddeodd site.
Expensive? The most expensive ones at Bangor are actually cheap in comparison to other places!

You get your own bedroom with an ensuite. The kitchen is shared between 8 people.

This is an example of one:
http://www.bangor.ac.uk/accommodation/halls/braint.php.en

Here is a slightly cheaper version, still sharing, just less modern:

http://www.bangor.ac.uk/accommodation/halls/borth.php.en

Here is one of the shared ones where you share a kitchen and bathroom.

http://www.bangor.ac.uk/accommodation/halls/reichel.php.en

All the ones I have sent are on Ffriddeodd site.

thanks for your reply Eloise! but yeah, i still is kind of expensive. I live in Finland now, and rent here is supposed to be quite high! but I could easily rent a studio with own bathroom and kitchen about 36m^2 in total for just about 330 Eur/month. and even the cheapest option of the small room in the hall with shared kitchen and bathroom will be about 350 Eur/month. is there any other options cheaper than 72£/week?

don't get me wrong, i am not complaining, but just trying to figure out where to live whilst my semester in Bangor, and with this number renting a 3 bedrooms house for 450-500£/month seems quite a tempting option. but it leads to a question where do i find people to share the flat/house with ...
thanks for your reply Eloise! but yeah, i still is kind of expensive. I live in Finland now, and rent here is supposed to be quite high! but I could easily rent a studio with own bathroom and kitchen about 36m^2 in total for just about 330 Eur/month. and even the cheapest option of the small room in the hall with shared kitchen and bathroom will be about 350 Eur/month. is there any other options cheaper than 72£/week?

don't get me wrong, i am not complaining, but just trying to figure out where to live whilst my semester in Bangor, and with this number renting a 3 bedrooms house for 450-500£/month seems quite a tempting option. but it leads to a question where do i find people to share the flat/house with ...

This one is £71 a week http://www.bangor.ac.uk/accommodation/halls/seiriol.php.en but it is further out and a longer walk. Not too long but Ffriddoedd is closer.
If you are still looking for some roommates, perhaps if I decide not to get the university dorm, then maybe I could join you to rent a flat/house.

Hey! Sorry I actually accepted an offer at Manchester uni instead.
Good luck with your accommodation search :smile:
sweet, that's a decent speed for pc gaming woo! :biggrin:
Reply 74
So accommodation has opened, and I'm stuck as to what halls to choose for September. I've had a good look at the ffriddoedd site and that's where I'd like to live.

Anyone who currently lives there or has lived there, do you have any halls that you would recommend?

Cheers :smile:
Reply 75
Does anyone know what programme you need to look at Bangor university's accommodation? Because it keeps saying I need a "Plug in" or something for it to work, i've even emailed the accommodation team at Bangor and they dont know
If anyone can help it would be much appreciated, thank you :smile:
what size posters and paintings are you allowed in a room? are there wall hangings for having paintings in our rooms?
I was wondering what are you allowed in your rooms in terms of posters and paintings; ie are there wall hangings to put a painting up, and if so what size posters and painting are you allowed?
Reply 78
Original post by ttreb
So accommodation has opened, and I'm stuck as to what halls to choose for September. I've had a good look at the ffriddoedd site and that's where I'd like to live.

Anyone who currently lives there or has lived there, do you have any halls that you would recommend?

Cheers :smile:

Hey, current first year (soon to be second) and I would basically recommend any of the newer ensuite halls, if your finances will allow it. They generally cost around 111 pw, making them the most expensive of the halls, but I would argue that they're worth it. I personally stayed in Peris, and loved my time there, the room was nice, sizable and the shared kitchen area was spacious enough.
Original post by charlottejm
Hey! Sorry I actually accepted an offer at Manchester uni instead.
Good luck with your accommodation search :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest