The Student Room Group

Independant Student Satus

Hellloooo, i am trying to apply as an independant student for SF england, however they are rejecting my applications, does anyone no were they keep there policy's like a link? so i can read the exact ruling on it, every time i ring they give mixed messages and i want to read the policies for myself, i am trying to say that from september 11 to september 14 when i start my course i have been financially independant.

Now in the sept 11 to sept 12 year i earn 8,700 after tax, but i am worried that they'll reject this as initially (for the first 6 months) it was lower than 7500/12, but i also had my maintenance loan on top of that so i was living comfortably, although i no they don't take that into consideration.

I feel as though i should be granted this status as i have provided for myself for this period and have paid my parents rent and always bought my own food, in this period i have never asked them for money and do not wish to start asking them when i go back because they have obviously increased there outgoings as they have not had to provide for me.
Original post by BenKay1
Hellloooo, i am trying to apply as an independant student for SF england, however they are rejecting my applications, does anyone no were they keep there policy's like a link? so i can read the exact ruling on it, every time i ring they give mixed messages and i want to read the policies for myself, i am trying to say that from september 11 to september 14 when i start my course i have been financially independant.

Now in the sept 11 to sept 12 year i earn 8,700 after tax, but i am worried that they'll reject this as initially (for the first 6 months) it was lower than 7500/12, but i also had my maintenance loan on top of that so i was living comfortably, although i no they don't take that into consideration.

I feel as though i should be granted this status as i have provided for myself for this period and have paid my parents rent and always bought my own food, in this period i have never asked them for money and do not wish to start asking them when i go back because they have obviously increased there outgoings as they have not had to provide for me.

You need to show an independent status for 3 years prior to the start of your course. By looks of things, you can't show this as you said you were receiving maintenance loan in 11/12.
Reply 2
Original post by BenKay1

I'm in the same situation as you. When I applied for my finance as an independant student, I was advised to send in 3 years worth of P60 forms (fortunately I was working in that time). That is the only way that they can really assess your financial situation.

In terms of facts or policies, I can only find this which explains "independant" statuses further.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending