The Student Room Group

IGCSE Edexcel Physics Paper 2

Hi

I have a few questions regarding paper 2 for physics igcse and also this also pretty much includes biology paper 2 as well.

1. Will questions only be on the stuff we need to learn for paper 2 in the specification or will it be on everything? This one is really important because if we are tested on everything then that means learning the whole course in the next week.

2. Will the topics that came up on paper 1 e.g convection, radioactivity and terminal velocity guaranteed not to come up on paper 2? That means I don't have to waste my time revising those.

3. Is paper 2 supposed to be harder than paper 1?

4. Are the style of questions any different to paper 1? e.g will there be more 5 mark questions or will there be more 1 or 2 mark questions?

5. Is the focus of the questions any different e.g is it more experimental and more to with graphs or is it more theory based?

6. Is it easier to score marks on paper 2 than paper 1? I ask this one because I found paper 1 really hard for both biology and physics and probably got around 80/120 when I need an A* for both... So I'm kind of relying on high marks on paper 2 (50/60 +) in order to even have a chance to get the a*.
Original post by Siddhart1998
Hi

I have a few questions regarding paper 2 for physics igcse and also this also pretty much includes biology paper 2 as well.

1. Will questions only be on the stuff we need to learn for paper 2 in the specification or will it be on everything? This one is really important because if we are tested on everything then that means learning the whole course in the next week.

2. Will the topics that came up on paper 1 e.g convection, radioactivity and terminal velocity guaranteed not to come up on paper 2? That means I don't have to waste my time revising those.

3. Is paper 2 supposed to be harder than paper 1?

4. Are the style of questions any different to paper 1? e.g will there be more 5 mark questions or will there be more 1 or 2 mark questions?

5. Is the focus of the questions any different e.g is it more experimental and more to with graphs or is it more theory based?

6. Is it easier to score marks on paper 2 than paper 1? I ask this one because I found paper 1 really hard for both biology and physics and probably got around 80/120 when I need an A* for both... So I'm kind of relying on high marks on paper 2 (50/60 +) in order to even have a chance to get the a*.

Questions are on everything however it is unlikely they would repeat topics if they were on the first paper. i.e. there was a lot about genetics on biology paper 1 so i would guess there would be little on it on paper 2.

its not really harder, it just means you have to know more. (which is what makes it seem harder)

the question style may vary they're not specified to be different, only to contain the higher level stuff.
in my opinion it is easier but that varies from person to person. just keep in mind boundaries should be low this year.
Original post by Supreme_217
Questions are on everything however it is unlikely they would repeat topics if they were on the first paper. i.e. there was a lot about genetics on biology paper 1 so i would guess there would be little on it on paper 2.

its not really harder, it just means you have to know more. (which is what makes it seem harder)

the question style may vary they're not specified to be different, only to contain the higher level stuff.
in my opinion it is easier but that varies from person to person. just keep in mind boundaries should be low this year.

Okayyy thanx that kinda clears it up for me and Yh I guess for physics it's going to be low but for biology it might be high because people found it easy (although I found it hard)
Anything on the spec could come up

Quick Reply

Latest