The Student Room Group
Dental Students, University of Central Lancashire
University of Central Lancashire
Preston
Visit website

Accommodation recommendations

Hi,

Does anyone have any recommendations on what student accommodation to go for? I start Journalism foundation entry in September, never been to Preston and need to find some accommodation!

Was hoping I could get some recommendations on where's good and where to avoid?

Thanks xx
I'm also starting the Journalism foundation course in September! All i've heard is that IQ Preston is a good one, I haven't applied for anywhere yet though.
Dental Students, University of Central Lancashire
University of Central Lancashire
Preston
Visit website
If you go on the uclan accommodation website I'm pretty sure you can look through some photos of each accommodation on there? And there are also the private student halls - not owned by uclan - run by Sanctuary Students. There's one on Moor Lane and another a bit further towards the high street on Walker Street. I know there are definitely images of those accommodation rooms on the website. I stayed at Moor Lane for my first year I'm just going into my second year this September so I can't comment on other accommodations but I know whichever accommodation you stay in it's a life experience you will not regret!
Reply 3
Never been to preston either! Start at uclan in September though so I better learn fast!
Has anyone heard of the warehouse apartments? It's right over the road uclan and they look really good. I'm going to the Open Day at the uni on saturday and the warehouse is having an open day on the same day so i may head there. Looks better than some of the other places.
Original post by jayphil
Never been to preston either! Start at uclan in September though so I better learn fast!
Has anyone heard of the warehouse apartments? It's right over the road uclan and they look really good. I'm going to the Open Day at the uni on saturday and the warehouse is having an open day on the same day so i may head there. Looks better than some of the other places.

Hey, I lived at the Warehouse apartments last year. Wish I could have stayed longer but it was my final year. Really great location and the staff are really friendly and helpful. Rooms are the best I stayed in as well! Let me know if you have any questions about it or Preston.
Reply 5
Hi!

I also lived in the Warehouse Apartments last year :smile: Lovely friendly atmosphere, rooms great, staff very helpful. Would live there again if I could!!
I'm also starting journalism in September :smile: will either be the foundation year or BA hons depending on my a-level results! I can't apply for accommodation yet as I actually put uclan is my insurance rather than my firm. One thing I've heard everyone say is that it's better to stay in halls in the first year in order to meet loads of other first years etc.. and to stay in the likes of warehouse apartments in 2nd and 3rd years :smile: when I visited I thought Roeburn and IQ preston were lovely! They are going to be my preference for sure. If anyone had any knowledge on preston nightlife could you please message me. Thanks :smile:
Hiya, Ive got a really nice room in the warehouse apartments that I need to fill as i cant get out o my contract and want to live with my other half this year now :frown: its lovely and ensuite and is the closest apartments to the university, would you be interested?
if you need a flat in warehouse i need to give mine away!! please please if you want to live there it is lovely and so close take my room i'm so desperate to get ride of it as i want to live with my other half!
Reply 9
Hi,

I hear The Warehouse have some rooms available! They have all types of people from 18 - 30+ with all types of rooms.

They are also better than Boatmans!! :smile:

Give them a call, their website is warehouseapartments.co.uk

They really helped me :smile:

Original post by amirabalv
Hello. I'm also looking for an accommodation. I'll study a Masters for one year and I'm an international student. I would like to ask if anyone can tell me, if it is better to stay at UCLan halls of residence or to share a flat. Also, I'd like to know if I can renounce a contract done with UCLan Halls, due I'd like to asure a place for my arrival but if I don't like it, it would be nice to have the option to move to another kind of residence or to a flat... Any advice? UCLan accommodation already allocated me in Boatmans hall... I still haven't taken the place... Does anybody know about it? Thank you for any info you can give me!!!
I'm staying at The Warehouse, booked my room today with 1st years. They were really really friendly and I requested I wanted to be with people who would be starting with me and they had no problem doing it!! I'll be in the media building too, i'm studying Screenwriting!!
Original post by bethb94
Hi,

Does anyone have any recommendations on what student accommodation to go for? I start Journalism foundation entry in September, never been to Preston and need to find some accommodation!

Thanks xx

Hi Beth,

I lived in the Warehouse apartments and they were really great. Only 2 minutes from the uni so great for a lie in!
Reply 12
Hiya !

I've applied for TESOL and Japanese at UCLan and I'm in a bit of a hurry (I only just got my confirmation at the uni!) because I still haven't got accomodation! So I was wondering if anybody had any tips for late accomodation ? I heard Santuary Students stil had rooms, does anybody know if they're good ?

Thank you ! :smile:
Reply 13
Hi there is a room available at Leighton Halls, I am moving to another university so my room is available immediately......
hi, I actually lived quite near Sanctuary Students. It's very good. Go get one room!

Original post by Ilae
Hiya !

I've applied for TESOL and Japanese at UCLan and I'm in a bit of a hurry (I only just got my confirmation at the uni!) because I still haven't got accomodation! So I was wondering if anybody had any tips for late accomodation ? I heard Santuary Students stil had rooms, does anybody know if they're good ?

Thank you ! :smile:
Hi there, I have an empty room at Liberty court which is just a few minutes walk from the main university building. I signed a contract to stay there but no longer need the room as I have dropped out of uni.
Reply 16
I have a room where you can move in straight away Liberty court im looking for someone to take on my tenancy and I need you to save me lol
Reply 17
Hi ive got a room to give away which is in liberty court and it full of international students
Reply 18
Original post by bethb94
Hi,

Thanks xx

I have a room in liberty court and need to find someone to replace me
Reply 19
Original post by earthtoemma
I'm also starting the Journalism foundation course in September! All i've heard is that IQ Preston is a good one, I haven't applied for anywhere yet though.

Hi im at liberty court its really good and I need someone to take on my tenancy as I am no longer a student

Quick Reply

Latest