The Student Room Group

Medicine scholarship

Hi,
i would like to know if there's any scholarship for medicine international students at oxford and if no, is there any other possibility to get one?
thank you!! Please reply to me. (Yes i did some research but oxford says no on the website and others say yes so i'm a bit confused..):s-smilie:
(sorry i'm on my phone..):redface:
Original post by Lulla
Hi,
i would like to know if there's any scholarship for medicine international students at oxford and if no, is there any other possibility to get one?
thank you!! Please reply to me. (Yes i did some research but oxford says no on the website and others say yes so i'm a bit confused..):s-smilie:
(sorry i'm on my phone..):redface:

Where does it say yes?

Oxford medicine takes only 1-3 international students per year out of hundreds of applications. It has no incentive to provide scholarships.

Having said that, external sources of scholarship funds are still open of course. National governments seem to be the biggest contributors anecdotally.
(edited 9 years ago)
Yes-all universities will offer scholarships for international students but like all universities, it is incredibly competitive. This isn't helped by the fact that you are applying for the most competitive course at one of the most prestigious universities in the UK.
Original post by MissMedicine
Yes-all universities will offer scholarships for international students but like all universities, it is incredibly competitive. This isn't helped by the fact that you are applying for the most competitive course at one of the most prestigious universities in the UK.

I really don't think there's a single Oxford-based scholarship for international medics. There is probably some support from external sources, although the internationals I know are all paying for it themselves.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending