The Student Room Group

Can you repeat AS's and do medicine ?

Hi I am currently completing my AS's in chemistry ,biology , physics and religion .However I was just wondering if you can resit one AS and still get into medicine ,I know that you would have to take a gap year out but I've read on some prospectuses that they don't accept resits at A2. I have worked so so hard all year but I think that I may have messed up my AS chem 2 paper as I didn't get much sleep the night before and I ended up completely messing up a 5 mark question. I have been working at an A star / A standard all year but I think i may have messed up the test due to lack of sleep and concentration !:frown:! Thanks any help is appreciated

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by emmalav
Hi I am currently completing my AS's in chemistry ,biology , physics and religion .However I was just wondering if you can resit one AS and still get into medicine ,I know that you would have to take a gap year out but I've read on some prospectuses that they don't accept resits at A2. I have worked so so hard all year but I think that I may have messed up my AS chem 2 paper as I didn't get much sleep the night before and I ended up completely messing up a 5 mark question. I have been working at an A star / A standard all year but I think i may have messed up the test due to lack of sleep and concentration !:frown:! Thanks any help is appreciated

Posted from TSR Mobile

Firstly, I wouldn't get into a panic. If it was a hard paper, then the grade boundaries will probably be lower (especially because there are no January exams) so there's really no point in getting worried before you've got your results in hand. Secondly, the resit policy would depend on the University. I don't think it's a case of none of them accepting it (I think I even remember Cambridge saying they don't mind an odd resit as long as it's not a general trend) but obviously that will depend on the university and it is better not to resit. If you did need to resit it, couldn't you just reset it next year though?

Quick Reply

Latest