The Student Room Group

What do you think of tattoos?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Nishanaa
Only 3 kind of people have tatoo's :Criminals-Trouble makers-Chavs

Wrong, I'm none of those things and I have a tattoo

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 21
Of all the tattoos I've seen, I wouldn't even say that 1% were good. I'm not going to say I don't like them overall though, because I have seen good ones, but it's incredibly rare to see that. Most people look like they've spent about 5 minutes Googling what they've had done.
I don't like them at all. Even if the actual artwork itself looks good, knowing that it's a more or less irreversible decision is a very off-putting thought. They tend not to be associated with the more respectable strata of society either. Having a visible tattoo is something I could have easily been kicked out of school, or out of my profession for, because they don't want to portray that sort of image. Plus, they're probably going to look quite ridiculous when you're elderly and wrinkly.
(edited 9 years ago)
I think tattoos are necessary, or marking your body in some way, so that your psyche has a physical form, otherwise the body is just a pile of flesh. Only works with honesty though...
Oh and they look ​cooool
Original post by Odd socks
Wrong, I'm none of those things and I have a tattoo

Posted from TSR Mobile

preach!
Kind of weird, but I dislike people who dislike tattoos. They're generally small minded, unappreciative of art and sentiment, and the main argument is they won't "fit" with respectable society. If "respectable," is having your life regulated by appearance, it can kiss my ass.
Original post by Dani California
Kind of weird, but I dislike people who dislike tattoos. They're generally small minded, unappreciative of art and sentiment, and the main argument is they won't "fit" with respectable society. If "respectable," is having your life regulated by appearance, it can kiss my ass.

Yip I agree with you. Your views are pretty much spot on with mine.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 28
I don't particularly like tatttoos, but I acknowledge they can sometimes be tasteful or look nice. I particularly don't like it when a person gets one for self-affirmation, e.g., to remind them to "be strong". And I especially don't like it when that personal message is disregarded. It becomes a lie written on one's own skin.
Small tattoos are ok, even better if there is a meaning behind them :smile:
I am thinking of getting one done myself soon, hopefully!
Saw a girl the other day with tattoos on her neck and arms and she looked hawt - probably helps that she would have been attractive anyway, but the tats looked amazing on her. They were all separate - not weaved together in sleeves. Probably sounds terrible, but I was mirin'.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Heimdallr33
Small tattoos are ok, even better if there is a meaning behind them :smile:
I am thinking of getting one done myself soon, hopefully!

Do you know what it'll be yet?
Saying you don't like tattoos is in the same category as saying you don't like music, or art, or cheese.

Sure, that might be the case, but Id wager that it isn't and you're either a) blinded by prejudice or b) too lazy to bother looking for something you actually like.

For what its worth I am a big, big fan of more abstract tattooing, preferably.on a large scale. Geometric dotwork is particularly up my street, sp much so that I spent approx 35 hours covering my arms in it :biggrin:.
Original post by Dani California

I agree with you there. I´d rather not associate myself with the people that dislike tattoos, they tend to be extremely narrow minded and stuck in their ways. Stick to your stereotypes, no one cares what you think anyway.

I have one Tattoo and I´m going to get another in a few months time. :smile:
Original post by beaverhausen
Do you know what it'll be yet?

Yep, it will be a Vegvisir! :rolleyes:

wallpaper_20110706114719_1422137682.jpg
From Wikipedia: "A Vegvísir (Icelandic 'sign post') is an Icelandic magical stave intended to help the bearer find their way through rough weather."

To me it will be like a compass that will guide me through my toughest and (hopefully not many..) darkest moments in life, ensuring that I never get lost along the way! :h:
Yep, it will be a Vegvisir! :rolleyes:

wallpaper_20110706114719_1422137682.jpg
From Wikipedia: "A Vegvísir (Icelandic 'sign post') is an Icelandic magical stave intended to help the bearer find their way through rough weather."

To me it will be like a compass that will guide me through my toughest and (hopefully not many..) darkest moments in life, ensuring that I never get lost along the way! :h:

That looks great! And I love it when there's a meaning behind a tattoo, people just going with the generic swallows or anchors because it looks pretty just irks me.
Some look really good on guys, but eh.
Original post by beaverhausen
That looks great! And I love it when there's a meaning behind a tattoo, people just going with the generic swallows or anchors because it looks pretty just irks me.

:h: I absolutely agree with you! And those that have a tattoo displaying the name of their current bf/gf...I think that is quite silly indeed!
:h: I absolutely agree with you! And those that have a tattoo displaying the name of their current bf/gf...I think that is quite silly indeed!

Uh tell me about it! Really bites them in the ass when they break up. Do you know where you're going to get it done?
Reply 39
I don't like tattoos at all, but I have nothing against those who have them.

Quick Reply

Latest