The Student Room Group

Prom dress help URGENT

I've only just decided I actually want to go to prom and it's 15 days before prom, I've began booking all arrangements for makeup & hair etc however I'm yet to find a dress, so I wondered if anyone knew of any stockists of prom dresses in Manchester that would be able to have the completed dress in less than two weeks because I'm having no luck finding any:frown:
Reply 1
Original post by arabella_
I've only just decided I actually want to go to prom and it's 15 days before prom, I've began booking all arrangements for makeup & hair etc however I'm yet to find a dress, so I wondered if anyone knew of any stockists of prom dresses in Manchester that would be able to have the completed dress in less than two weeks because I'm having no luck finding any:frown:

any dress that exposes more than 47% of the arm areas and displays approximately more than 1cm^2 of skin from the leg will incur a sentence of 5 lashes for each cm^2 displayed
TKMaxx.

Buy something relatively plain and dress it up with a shrug or classy jewellery if you want to, prom dresses have a tendency to look like sweetie wrappers, all shiny and brightly coloured, group prom photos remind me of a box of Quality Street! If you want to stand out go for something different and classy, less blingy.
asos.com does really nice dresses in my opinion, check them out and they do their free delivery in about 3 days, I've bought clothes off them a few times and I've never had any problems!
Reply 4
Original post by potentiallyme
asos.com does really nice dresses in my opinion, check them out and they do their free delivery in about 3 days, I've bought clothes off them a few times and I've never had any problems!

Yeah I agree with you... I was so amazed when I found it.
The only problem is the size, when you buy stuff from asos you feel fat! :frown:
I had to buy a size bigger than I normally do.. Size 8.
What's the quality like of the stuff though?
Reply 5
I heard Ann Summers do nice dresses
Yeah, I'd also agree with ASOS or TKMaxx. The latter usually have quite a good range of dresses. If none of those, places like Debenhams or BHS are good to look in.
good god if an 8 is fat then I think I'm morbidly obese :/ anyway yeah I've not had a problem with quality, even with basic items like wee cami tops and that they've all been fine and because a prom dress would be fairly dear the quality should be top
theres no way an 8's fat! Thats crazy, its way better to be the size you body is naturally at and your comfy with rather than have an idea of 'the perfect size'
as for buying a dress maybe go out to one of the big shopping ares with a budget and a day to find something then just see what you can find, or ask a friend if theyve got something spare - i have 6 'formal occasion' dresses, i am aware this is waaay too many xD
I have a prom dress for sale if that helps?! It's Grecian style white and gold and a size 6/8, let me know if you have any questions. Facebook is georgia hobson x

Quick Reply

Latest