The Student Room Group

Should I leave after my AS exams to go onto an apprenticeship

Hi,
I am currently trying to decide if I leave sixth form so I can go onto a marketing apprenticeship. I don't think I will get very good grades this year and don't really want to repeat the year. Do you think it is worth going straight for the apprenticeship?

Doing the apprenticeship I will gain a level 3 Diploma in Social Media for business.

It also says that functional skills in English, Maths and IT are included. Does that mean that I would have to study those three subjects although I passed my GCSEs in them?

I would appreciate your views on this. Thank you in advance.
Reply 1
I left A levels 3 years ago,to study travel and tourism level 3 ,now I work for the french boarder forces as a custom officer,it's the best thing I ever did,leave A levels man they are completely useless unless you want to be an engineer or a doctor.
Reply 2
In my opinion A level should be only for geniuses (like my siblings) ,there are tons of way of making money without A levels nowadays.
Original post by Kanikax
I left A levels 3 years ago,to study travel and tourism level 3 ,now I work for the french boarder forces as a custom officer,it's the best thing I ever did,leave A levels man they are completely useless unless you want to be an engineer or a doctor.

Okay thank you for your response :smile:
A level is best
Reply 5
Original post by FadingAway
Hi,
I am currently trying to decide if I leave sixth form so I can go onto a marketing apprenticeship. I don't think I will get very good grades this year and don't really want to repeat the year. Do you think it is worth going straight for the apprenticeship?

Doing the apprenticeship I will gain a level 3 Diploma in Social Media for business.

It also says that functional skills in English, Maths and IT are included. Does that mean that I would have to study those three subjects although I passed my GCSEs in them?

I would appreciate your views on this. Thank you in advance.

I left my AS to do an apprentiship in Engineering everything is going fine and I'm earning a lot of money,most of my friend who did A levels are jobless and some are still studying,the best choice I made was leaving sixth form. A levels are for really smart people not the average dude.
Original post by crosbycasey56
A level is best

Okay thank you.

Quick Reply

Latest