The Student Room Group

Best OCR F214 and F215 textbooks/revision guides

I am starting A2 from tomorrow in biology and want the best textbooks so that i can make notes.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by toonervoustotalk
I am starting A2 from tomorrow in biology and want the best textbooks so that i can make notes.

Posted from TSR Mobile

The CGP book is my favourite. Gets straight to the point, covering the majority of the knowledge you need to know.

Other text books, like the Heinemann one, go into more (sometimes unnecessary) depth that can make it harder to learn initially, but I would recommend them both.

Learn using primarily the CGP book with the text book to fill in anything you missed and then go over the text book in more detail once you understand the basic concepts.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by MarkProbio
The CGP book is my favourite. Gets straight to the point, covering the majority of the knowledge you need to know.

Other text books, like the Heinemann one, go into more (sometimes unnecessary) depth that can make it harder to learn initially, but I would recommend them both.

Learn using primarily the CGP book with the text book to fill in anything you missed and then go over the text book in more detail once you understand the basic concepts.

Posted from TSR Mobile

The big book or the revision guide

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by toonervoustotalk
The big book or the revision guide

Posted from TSR Mobile

I would go with the thicker one. Maybe get the thinner one near exam time but I doubt its any better - its already quite condensed.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest