The Student Room Group

Pregnant and masterbating

So I'm a 16 year old currently taking my GCSE exams.
I found out a month ago that I am pregnant. The doctor thinks I am about 2 months.
Recently I have needed to masterbate A LOT more than normal. Is this going to have any effect on my baby? Or even myself? I have been doing it about 3 times a day.
Also will it harm my baby if I have sex when I am pregnant? My boyfriend and I really want to as I am so horny all the time but don't want it to harm our child.
Sorry for this being so long but I just want to know!
Original post by Anonymous
I found out a month ago that I am pregnant. The doctor thinks I am about 2 months.
Recently I have needed to masterbate A LOT more than normal. Is this going to have any effect on my baby? Or even myself? I have been doing it about 3 times a day.
Also will it harm my baby if I have sex when I am pregnant? My boyfriend and I really want to as I am so horny all the time but don't want it to harm our child.

Masturbation and sex will not harm the baby in any way. Although of course you should be careful about very rough sex, but only in the same way that falling down stairs could harm the baby.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2

From a very soon to be mum, no harm whatsoever!
There will probably be times when you are really horny, and others when you're not at all. After the birth, both of you will probably be far too sore and/or tired.

Towards the end of the pregnancy, your partner may well be encouraged to fist you (it'll be called perineal massage, but...)
Reply 4
Original post by unprinted
There will probably be times when you are really horny, and others when you're not at all. After the birth, both of you will probably be far too sore and/or tired.

Towards the end of the pregnancy, your partner may well be encouraged to fist you (it'll be called perineal massage, but...)

What benefit will that have to me? Or the baby?
It won't do any harm and the chemicals it releases in the bloodstream (the ones that make you feel all happy and close to your partner after sex) is actually good for the baby
Perineal massage can help prevent tearing.

I wish we'd done it now :eek:
Original post by madders94
Perineal massage can help prevent tearing.

I wish we'd done it now :eek:

Yes, it's to get your vagina used to being stretched.
Reply 8
Original post by unprinted
Yes, it's to get your vagina used to being stretched.

Is it not painful? And what actually happens during perineal massage? Sorry for all the questions I just want to be prepared!
It shouldn't be.

The idea is that your partner gently and slowly, and using plenty of lube (things like olive oil work well for this), puts two fingers in your vagina, and stretches it. Then when you're comfortable with that - and it may well not be in the same session - goes to three fingers, four fingers, five fingers, and then, if you can manage it, their whole hand.

Depending on where you do any ante-natal classes, you'll probably be given a leaflet on it.
This may sound stupid but to help stretch my vagina before I give birth would it help if I kept something big up there all day everyday and gradually make it bigger so that my vagina gets much looser/bigger/stretchy? Like a dildo or old shampoo bottle?
This may sound stupid but to help stretch my vagina before I give birth would it help if I kept something big up there all day everyday and gradually make it bigger so that my vagina gets much looser/bigger/stretchy? Like a dildo or old shampoo bottle?

It would probably stretch things out but would be massively uncomfortable and put you at risk of infection.

I actually used a 13.5 inch dildo regularly whilst pregnant, and as a result I didn't tear or anything when I gave birth.
So I am a young woman and I am not sexually active I just masturbate if you know what I mean, so I mastubatd with a long thin shampoo bottle and after than ive been feeling different ive been feeling sick and I can feel my heart beat im my stomach I try and feel around to see if I can feel something but I don't know if it is possible, so can you get pregnant from masturbating with a shampoo bottle, you can understand this from me feeling different and my stomach doesn't feel the same

Latest