The Student Room Group

2016 Medicine Applicants

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by Qaiys
Ohh ahaa, and ohhh that sounds really interesting! Good luck ,I hope it goes well and you enjoy it, you'll have to post once you start. Yeah I was thinking that choosing English Lit would make a more rounded set of qualifications ans show more skills, plus I really really love it. I'm hoping to go to UCL actually! Hbu?

Thanks and I will do! Cambridge would be a dream but unrealistic haha, I'd love to go to UCL or Imperial, I live in the north so I really want to go to the south for uni, but ahhh there are so many opportunities in London and it's so diverse, getting excited for uni already :h:
Original post by raachy
Thanks and I will do! Cambridge would be a dream but unrealistic haha, I'd love to go to UCL or Imperial, I live in the north so I really want to go to the south for uni, but ahhh there are so many opportunities in London and it's so diverse, getting excited for uni already :h:

I live in an awful little town with NO diversity or acceptance etc, so I really really want to go far away to a big city for uni, preferably London. Cambridge is #1 for me too, then UCL.
Reply 22
Original post by Qaiys
I live in an awful little town with NO diversity or acceptance etc, so I really really want to go far away to a big city for uni, preferably London. Cambridge is #1 for me too, then UCL.

I don't really know the difference between UCL and Imperial so I'll have to decide by going to the open days next year but I think I might go with UCL because my brother goes to Imperial and going to the same uni as him would be weird....:colondollar:
Original post by Huda_medo
Good luck guys! Nice to see people who have already started planning on succeeding, do you guys have any idea which A-levels you would choose next year? :smile:
It is a tad early, but it'll be over before you know it! Year 11 flies by.. :eek:

I'm doing Biology, Chemistry, Geography and Maths :biggrin:
Original post by raachy
I don't really know the difference between UCL and Imperial so I'll have to decide by going to the open days next year but I think I might go with UCL because my brother goes to Imperial and going to the same uni as him would be weird....:colondollar:

Haha yeah a little :P what's he studying?
Original post by kdizzle97
I'm doing Biology, Chemistry, Geography and Maths :biggrin:

Good luck! :smile:
Original post by Qaiys

Same!!!!!!! I can totally relate!
This is just overly eager.
Original post by Huda_medo
Same!!!!!!! I can totally relate!

Haha :P

Original post by letsbehonest
This is just overly eager.

What's wrong with that?
Original post by Qaiys
Haha :P

What's wrong with that?

Nothing. I guess I'm just bitter LOL

Didn't get into medicine this year.. *Sigh*
Nothing. I guess I'm just bitter LOL

Didn't get into medicine this year.. *Sigh*

Oh ;/, well there's still chance after chance if it's what you want, so don't be disheartened or bitter! Good luck with it :smile:
Original post by Qaiys
Oh ;/, well there's still chance after chance if it's what you want, so don't be disheartened or bitter! Good luck with it :smile:

Thanksss.

Yeah, I'm applying for 2015 entry :biggrin:
Thanksss.

Yeah, I'm applying for 2015 entry :biggrin:

There you go :P what grades and stuff did you get then? (If you don't mind me asking? :s)
Reply 33
I'm doing

Further Maths, Maths, Physics, Biology, Chemistry and Additional Further Maths. Hoping for 5/6A*s at A2 and off to Oxford to study medicine for 6 years.
Original post by Qaiys
There you go :P what grades and stuff did you get then? (If you don't mind me asking? :s)

6A* 5As at GCSE
AAAA at AS in maths, biology, chemistry and psychology
Predicted A*A*A
695 Band 1 UKCAT <--- main let down, considering everyone and their mothers got over 700 this year

3 preinterview rejections and 1 post interview rejection
Original post by JAIYEKO
I'm doing

Further Maths, Maths, Physics, Biology, Chemistry and Additional Further Maths. Hoping for 5/6A*s at A2 and off to Oxford to study medicine for 6 years.

Why not a maths degree?

Just out of curiosity..

Sounds like you love maths LOL
Original post by JAIYEKO
I'm doing

r u feelin ok

6A* 5As at GCSE
Predicted A*A*A
695 Band 1 UKCAT <--- main let down, considering everyone and their mothers got over 700 this year

Wow really impressive! And ohhh I see :c at least you actually got an interview though
Reply 37
6A* 5As at GCSE
Predicted A*A*A

Why did you get rejected. Your grades seem good?
Reply 38
Original post by JAIYEKO
I'm doing

This sounds like a troll...
Reply 39
Original post by FatmanO
This sounds like a troll...

Further Maths is actually home thought so I'm only going to do 4 a-levels at college.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending