The Student Room Group

Income assessment for EU students! (England)

I am EU student and have filled out the Student Finance Tuition fee loan application form but then didn't get to send it off by the deadline because I realized I'm supposed to send an income assessment along with the Tuition fee loan application :redface:

I'm going to UEA and according to their website:

'Students do not need to apply for bursary support, all UK students are automatically considered using household income information received from Student Finance England (EU students will need to request this assessment).

Questions:

How do I request this assessment?
How do I become 'income assessed'?
How do I send in information about my household income?

The only form I found is this one:
http://www.sfengland.slc.co.uk/media/720301/sfe_nmt_to_mt_form_1415_d.pdf

Do I need to send this in or is there a different form for EU students?
Also what is 'evidence' of my parents income?
The only thing I can think of is the tax papers they receive yearly? So do I need to send SFE their tax papers or what? Anything else I should send...?
As an EU student you are only entitled to a tuition fee loan. These are not income assessed.
You are not entitled to a maintenance loan at all. It is these that are income assessed.

I think you are not using the proper application forms for an EU student.
Reply 2
Original post by driftawaay

'Students do not need to apply for bursary support, all UK students are automatically considered using household income information received from Student Finance England (EU students will need to request this assessment).

Questions:

How do I request this assessment?
How do I become 'income assessed'?
How do I send in information about my household income?

You need to contact UEA. I think the instructions mean that you should request the assessment from UEA.

SFE only income assess Home/UK students.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending