The Student Room Group

Can't go back to parent's house after graduation...please help.

Please help, I need your advice.

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2601457

What do I do?
Hi
Thanks for your post, I understand why you are so concerned. I am glad to read you have had some therapy to address the abuse as that is the most important thing.

I understand as well why you think that London is the best place career wise, but there are also great opportunities elsewhere and York for instance is a great and much cheaper place to live. You could always do a post-graduate degree or start your career in the North and move to London when you are more settled (emotionally and financially). House shares can be a great way to save money on rent. There should be someone at your uni who you can speak to about careers guidance and finances.

My feeling is it would be better for you not to go back to London yet. I am not sure what career you have in mind but the most important thing is your well-being and safety - that must come first. Make sure you carry on with therapy if you feel you still need to, and be open with your options. London is not the centre of everything like it once was, with technology advancing, there are many ways to work and to get ahead in all kinds of careers.

I am not sure how helpful this has been but come back and chat anytime,
take care
Jo

Quick Reply

Latest