The Student Room Group

Good GCSEs but not so good AS grades?

Hi everyone,
I had 8A*s and 6As at GSCE and I've just finished doing my AS level exams. I don't think they went as well as I would have liked, I was aiming for straight A's.
I was wondering how this would work out if applying to really good unis? Say I ended up getting a B in one of my subjects or lower but the rest were A's would my GCSEs serve as a sort of backup to show that that grade was a fluke or? I'm just really confused about the whole system and a tad worried I won't be able to apply to the unis of my choice. If anyone has any experience in this sort of thing, please help!
Original post by nutellaqe
Hi everyone,
I had 8A*s and 6As at GSCE and I've just finished doing my AS level exams. I don't think they went as well as I would have liked, I was aiming for straight A's.
I was wondering how this would work out if applying to really good unis? Say I ended up getting a B in one of my subjects or lower but the rest were A's would my GCSEs serve as a sort of backup to show that that grade was a fluke or? I'm just really confused about the whole system and a tad worried I won't be able to apply to the unis of my choice. If anyone has any experience in this sort of thing, please help!

It depends what and where exactly you're planning on applying for?

But I'm in the same situation, got pretty good GCSEs but I don't know what happened in the exams this year!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
Original post by Saywhatyoumean
It depends what and where exactly you're planning on applying for?

But I'm in the same situation, got pretty good GCSEs but I don't know what happened in the exams this year!

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm thinking of applying to study English and I've had acceptances to Cambridge and Oxford summer schools, so I mean in an ideal world I was kind of thinking of applying there, hence why I'm a tad concerned :/ But I was also thinking of Exeter, Durham, Bristol, Warwick...along those lines. How about you?

Quick Reply

Latest