The Student Room Group
Robotics at Plymouth University
University of Plymouth
Plymouth
Visit website

NEW Foundation Year in Management, Government Law

This September we are pleased to announce that we are welcoming our first intake for the new Foundation Year in Management, Government and Law.

This is the perfect opportunity for students who may not have the grades, or know what they want to do when they go to University. It covers a huge range of topics in Management, Government and Law including:

Tourism

Hospitality

Events

Law & Criminal Justice

Globalisation

Entrepreneurship

Governance

Ethics

Government & Society

Academic & Professional Skills

This 1 year programme will programme will provide you with all the necessary skills needed for a successful time at University, and also help you decide on which is the right course for you within Plymouth University’s Faculty of Business.

Successful completion of this course will allow you to progress onto degree level programmes in:

For more information, check out the Management, Government and Law course pages here and as ever, if you have any questions, please do not hesitate to ask.

Kind regards
Robert
Plymouth University Student Ambassador
(edited 9 years ago)
Hi Robert,

I am very keen to get a place on this course for September 2016 as a mature student. I have decided that at age 30 I finally have the ambition and drive to start higher education. I am really interested in this course as I have experience in many of the subjects that it accesses, however I am not 100% sure what I would like to study yet and don't meet the entry requirements for the full honours degrees. Eventually I would like to gain qualified teacher status to be able to teach and share my passions in the UK and around the World.

I have spent the last 10 years working overseas in the Travel and Tourism industry including setting up and running my own business before selling it after four years. I have an AVCE in Travel and Tourism but no other A level equivalent qualifications. I gained an OCR Certificate of Professional Competence in 2013 which involved independent study and two exams. I have recently had a career change into childcare and have taken short courses in both the UK and France to become a registered childminder. I speak very good French and would like to continue studying French at Plymouth University alongside Tourism, Business or International Relations (or a combination!). I also speak some German and would be keen to build on that too.

Can you let me know if I would be likely to be accepted onto the course? If so what is the procedure? Do I apply directly through UCAS? I have already sent an email to the admissions department but haven't heard anything back yet. I would appreciate any help or advice you can give me.

Kind regards,

Carol
Robotics at Plymouth University
University of Plymouth
Plymouth
Visit website
Original post by Cazfranglais
Hi Robert,

I am very keen to get a place on this course for September 2016 as a mature student. I have decided that at age 30 I finally have the ambition and drive to start higher education. I am really interested in this course as I have experience in many of the subjects that it accesses, however I am not 100% sure what I would like to study yet and don't meet the entry requirements for the full honours degrees. Eventually I would like to gain qualified teacher status to be able to teach and share my passions in the UK and around the World.

I have spent the last 10 years working overseas in the Travel and Tourism industry including setting up and running my own business before selling it after four years. I have an AVCE in Travel and Tourism but no other A level equivalent qualifications. I gained an OCR Certificate of Professional Competence in 2013 which involved independent study and two exams. I have recently had a career change into childcare and have taken short courses in both the UK and France to become a registered childminder. I speak very good French and would like to continue studying French at Plymouth University alongside Tourism, Business or International Relations (or a combination!). I also speak some German and would be keen to build on that too.

Can you let me know if I would be likely to be accepted onto the course? If so what is the procedure? Do I apply directly through UCAS? I have already sent an email to the admissions department but haven't heard anything back yet. I would appreciate any help or advice you can give me.

Kind regards,

Carol

Hi Carol,

Sorry for not getting back to you sooner. I have been in contact with the Programme Manager for Foundation Year Management, Government and Law and here is what he had to say:

"Given the level of work experience it is likely you will be accepted for UCAS point tariff, but must have GCSE English andMaths (or equivalent) equal to grade D."

I would also suggest checking out our Languages Café as well for more language opportunities.

I hope this helps you out. Don't hesitate to get back in touch should you need any more information, we will do our best to answer any questions or queries.

Matt, Hannah and Dale

Plymouth University
Thanks for your reply, I actually heard back from admissions last week to say they will accept me. I am almost finished applying through UCAS so hopefully see you there in September :smile:
Original post by Cazfranglais
Thanks for your reply, I actually heard back from admissions last week to say they will accept me. I am almost finished applying through UCAS so hopefully see you there in September :smile:

Hi Cazfranglais,

That's brilliant news! :congrats:

For any other information, don't hesitate to get back in touch and we'll do our best to answer any questions or queries that you may have.

Matt, Hannah and Dale

Plymouth University

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending