The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
I've never got any sort of reward from my parents for exam results. They are paying my uni fees though, so that'll suffice:p: .
aphrodite:
i opened your first spolier by chance, and i saw that u had the curse of the ''8'' on your physics AS....

u probably dont have a clue what i mean but take a look at one of the starting threads in the previous section!!! how weird??
Reply 22
My parents have said they will buy me my laptop for uni. I like to pay my own way and still reiterate that i will buy it but i cant hold out for too long:rolleyes:
Reply 23
No rewards for me. The grades are meant to be reward enough:rolleyes:
julius caesar
aphrodite:
i opened your first spolier by chance, and i saw that u had the curse of the ''8'' on your physics AS....

u probably dont have a clue what i mean but take a look at one of the starting threads in the previous section!!! how weird??

oooh missed by 8 on psychology? 5 and 4 are more annoying though >.< If i hadnt failed my unit 2 chem I would have got a C in chem - I failed by 5 marks, missed a C by 5 marks - typical eh?
Reply 25
I got a laptop for my GCSEs, but im not getting anything for my AS even though I did loads better. I dont mind though, the best present is getting the results you want :biggrin:
I know someone who got something like £3000 for their GCSE's.... I think I got treated to a few things last year for my GCSE grades, but I doubt I'll get that much this year (problem with having your birthday so close to results day - its on Sunday!) But my mommy did buy me some ice cream to celebrate :biggrin:
My mum topped up my mobile so I could phone the university from school rather than travel 15 miles back and forth lol.... does that count?

I think rewards are a bit silly, but that isn't saying I wouldn't like them!
My mum has said in passing or in jest (I'm not sure) that I will get £10 for an A* and £5 for an A. Doubt she'll follow through though, I'll be happy with the money to catch the train to get into school to get my results :smile:
Convert UCAS points to pounds in my bank :smile:

ABBBc = what?
I get a "you did well, but could have done better" :rolleyes:

then again mum is paying for loads this year (as I'm off to uni) so I can't complain :p:
Reply 31
I think my mum has approximately -£40,000. (note the minus). I wouldn't even consider taking a fiver off her, let alone £500 per A!! Hell, I would be reluctant to accept an apple pie.

It has given me a better sense of money management though, as I'm quite tight on the old purse strings. Everything I've bought, certainly for the past few years, has been paid for out of my own pocket. I can't afford Uni and can't be arsed with debt, so I've made the choice to go for an apprenticeship. Get out of this hell hole and start up a real life hopefully...:biggrin:

That's my little winge over with. If you're parents are filthy rich, then lucky you! I know I would have worked a damn site harder with that kind of insentive. I'm not very motivated, at the best of times. Ah well, it's all over with now. :smile:
Reply 32
I get £50 for an A, £25 for a B. My parents now owe me £275
Reply 33
the greatest motivation i have is that i don't feel crap when i do well, i don't have to do RETAKES...which im afraid of, i'll be able to face my classmates.

Oh, and it also helps when you have a straight A student as a girlfriend. (talk about pressure)

But i dont get any materialistic rewards..well i dont know, but i just dont really ask for it. If you do well you can be proud of your results!
Reply 34
my parents are going to be giving me money for university and whatever so I guess that was an incentive. It wasn't a predetermined ammount and it wasn't on any kind of scale.
£30 to sped tonigjht when I've been out in town on t he drink with all my mates!
Best miney can buy tbh though!
I got a nice warm fuzzy feeling :redface:
I got absolutely piss all. Except, of course, the fact that I will be in a decent well-paid job when the people who failed won't be.

So I suppose that's some consolation, but then, it's not quite an iPod...
generalebriety
I got absolutely piss all. Except, of course, the fact that I will be in a decent well-paid job when the people who failed won't be.

So I suppose that's some consolation, but then, it's not quite an iPod...

That's not entirely true :confused:
:hmmm:
beatnik~87
That's not entirely true :confused:
:hmmm:

Thank you, make my life even more worthless.

*cries*

Latest