The Student Room Group

OCR Law G157 (A2 Tort Law)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by vhowkins
How are you guys revising and does anyone have any essays to share?

I have essays on duty, breach, causation, vicarious, trespass to land, private nuisance and trespass to the person if anyone wants me to share them. They're probably at a B grade (I haven't had them marked apart from trespass to land which is at a B grade but I need to work on trespass ab initio). It's mainly A01 and doesn't answer any question in particular.

Also, if anyone has A02 points for nuisance I would be thankful - my teachers said I REALLY need to work on my A02 as that's where I'm losing marks.

Does anyone think defences or negligent misstatement will come up? I saw that negligent misstatement came up last year and has previously been a Section A (eek!). I really hope we're only tested on breach, causation and omissions for this paper, I'd hate for negligent misstatement to come up.

Also, just some advice… if breach and causation are mashed together in a Section B question, remember to look for an omission! We all got caught out in my law class, we were all about novus actus but we forgot about omissions.

:smile:

id id love the essays!!!!!!! :smile:
Reply 21
Yeah, that was my prediction too. I'd hate for Occupiers or Animals to come up.

Is there anything you haven't revised?

Same here I'm not a fan of Animals, hope it doesn't come up and yeah I've left out Rylands v Fletcher and Negligent Misstatement

Have you not covered anything in particular?
Reply 22
Original post by lubie2011
I'm taking this exam on Thursday and my teacher has told me not to bother revising Rylands v Fletcher and Trespass to Land

Trespass to Land could come up as it wasn't in the January or June 2013 paper but if your teacher is certain then you could probably get away with not revising it
Reply 23

I have essays on duty, breach, causation, vicarious, trespass to land, private nuisance and trespass to the person if anyone wants me to share them. They're probably at a B grade (I haven't had them marked apart from trespass to land which is at a B grade but I need to work on trespass ab initio). It's mainly A01 and doesn't answer any question in particular.

Also, if anyone has A02 points for nuisance I would be thankful - my teachers said I REALLY need to work on my A02 as that's where I'm losing marks.

Does anyone think defences or negligent misstatement will come up? I saw that negligent misstatement came up last year and has previously been a Section A (eek!). I really hope we're only tested on breach, causation and omissions for this paper, I'd hate for negligent misstatement to come up.

Also, just some advice… if breach and causation are mashed together in a Section B question, remember to look for an omission! We all got caught out in my law class, we were all about novus actus but we forgot about omissions.

I'm in the same boat, i really need to pick up marks on AO2. I'd really like the essays & i have nuisance AO2 points that may be useful to you
Reply 24
Amy and Siddii, perhaps you want to private message your emails to me and I can send the essays asap.

Oh and if there's anything missing in the essays or you want to make changes, if you know how to use 'track changes' then use it and send it back to me!

If you have any essays that you got an A/B/C on then perhaps you want to send them to me and it can be an exchange - notes for notes kinda thing.

I'm getting so distracted by Netflix (Covert Affairs), I'm kinda worried that I won't be able to remember the info in the exams.
Reply 25
Amy and Siddii, perhaps you want to private message your emails to me and I can send the essays asap.

Oh and if there's anything missing in the essays or you want to make changes, if you know how to use 'track changes' then use it and send it back to me!

If you have any essays that you got an A/B/C on then perhaps you want to send them to me and it can be an exchange - notes for notes kinda thing.

I'm getting so distracted by Netflix (Covert Affairs), I'm kinda worried that I won't be able to remember the info in the exams.

Hopefully you will, just try and not get distracted it's easier said than done to be honest!!
That sounds great i'll private message you and that way i can send you the nuisance AO2 points
Thank You :smile:

Could you please share your vicarious and Tresspass to person? :smile:
Reply 27
Original post by Studentt1233
Could you please share your vicarious and Tresspass to person? :smile:

If you wanna PM me your email.

I'm just trying to polish the essays, you'll have them by 3pm today.
Reply 28
If you wanna PM me your email.

I'm just trying to polish the essays, you'll have them by 3pm today.

Thank youu so much:smile:
Reply 29
I've emailed the essays last minute. Sorry if I have made any mistakes. In some I have included A02.

If anyone wants to email me A/B/C grade answers then I'd appreciate it.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 30
I think the exam went well. Apart from the way they worded the questions in Section A.

I answered the question on vicarious liability, trespass to land and psychiatric injury/nervous shock.

Vicarious: got all the facts down, just worrying about the A02.
Trespass to land: got 80% of the facts (forgot the facts of Conway and the defences). A02 was good.
Nervous shock: found it easy but now wondering if I got an answer wrong - the one about Claire being a secondary victim… she could have been primary/bystander. I argued that she was a bystander and was outside the 'area of shock'.

Best exam so far.

Thoughts on the exam, anyone?
I liked it! For section A I started to answer nuisance but I knew so many cases but I couldn't think of AO2 that would fit the question. After 15 minutes and a page later, I moved to vicarious which was a lot better :smile:
Reply 32
The exam was good
I answered Vicarious Liability for Section A, it was worded differently but hopefully my AO2 points were relevant, I remembered around 12 cases for it so hopefully it should be okay, for Section B I answered the Occupiers Liability question, the Trespess to Land seemed slightly tricky to me, I think my AO1 and AO2 were similiar in how much I remembered and how well AO2 was applied and for section C I did the negligence question, I can't remember exactly but I think it was the Statement A and C in the nervous shock dilemma board that I thought was slightly confusing.

I just hope we have all done really well and all get good grades :smile:
Reply 33
Hey guys, you know for the special study exam, do you all have a nervous shock essay prepared for question 2?
How is everyone preparing for tomorrow?
Reply 35
Well I have the 8 cases ready which includes their linked cases and critical points as well as quotations from the source if its provided, so basically how I'm going to write it up in the exam, although I don't think question one will ask about the case of McLoughlin as it was in the 2008 paper and I've made up an essay from various sources including articles of the internet and I've literally just finished memorizing that and question 3 is pretty straight forward, how are you all preparing?
Original post by Siddii
Well I have the 8 cases ready which includes their linked cases and critical points as well as quotations from the source if its provided, so basically how I'm going to write it up in the exam, although I don't think question one will ask about the case of McLoughlin as it was in the 2008 paper and I've made up an essay from various sources including articles of the internet and I've literally just finished memorizing that and question 3 is pretty straight forward, how are you all preparing?

I've written an answer for question 1 for white and Alcock. What do you think is likely to come up?
Reply 37
Original post by Studentt1233
I've written an answer for question 1 for white and Alcock. What do you think is likely to come up?

I'm not too sure to be honest, I have a feeling that it could be on King v Phillips that's a bit of a weird case, so it's either that Page v Smith or Alcock.
Reply 38
Hmm do you think that there's a chance that White will come up?!
Reply 39
Don't know how that paper went… I know Q3 was the best, but I didn't make 10 points for each, I made 7?

Quick Reply

Latest