The Student Room Group

Can we still repeat AS modules next year?

I know January Exams stopped this year, but can we still repeat AS modules/units next year in June while doing A2 or have they stopped that as well?!
Original post by rosie_pops
I know January Exams stopped this year, but can we still repeat AS modules/units next year in June while doing A2 or have they stopped that as well?!

I believe so seen as I'm hoping to do this next year but the best thing to do is go see your teachers (perhaps your subject teachers) and see what they say as each school Is different:smile:
Reply 2
Original post by Kimmy2014
I believe so seen as I'm hoping to do this next year but the best thing to do is go see your teachers (perhaps your subject teachers) and see what they say as each school Is different:smile:

Me too! That's a good idea, I really hope our school does!:smile:
Reply 3
Nah the government aren't that stupid to completely eradicate AS resits. I doubt schools are either.
Original post by rosie_pops
Me too! That's a good idea, I really hope our school does!:smile:

Thank you^_^ my school usually say if you get a D or above you can continue on to A2 but IF I don't achieve that... Well I've worked super hard throughout the year and my teachers would agree so perhaps they'll be able to persuade my head of year? Hmmm Any even if they say no I guess you can take them externally but for me that's not an option as I really cannot afford it..
Original post by Kimmy2014
Thank you^_^ my school usually say if you get a D or above you can continue on to A2 but IF I don't achieve that... Well I've worked super hard throughout the year and my teachers would agree so perhaps they'll be able to persuade my head of year? Hmmm Any even if they say no I guess you can take them externally but for me that's not an option as I really cannot afford it..

Hello, I wish you happiness and well-being.

Unless you are 100% committed to your studies I'd advise against going to A2 with a D (in all your subjects). Many in my school have done it and have regretted the decision as a lack of understanding in AS, for them, really made A2 Hell. In addition, certain skills are adopted in AS which you will need for A2 including how to revise properly.
But then again it depends on your situation!
Original post by GuanyinBuddha
Hello, I wish you happiness and well-being.

Unless you are 100% committed to your studies I'd advise against going to A2 with a D (in all your subjects). Many in my school have done it and have regretted the decision as a lack of understanding in AS, for them, really made A2 Hell. In addition, certain skills are adopted in AS which you will need for A2 including how to revise properly.
But then again it depends on your situation!

I understand what you mean but I think I just suck at exams;D I don't do well with the time constraints I just can't write quickly enough, that's the problem but I had this during GCSE also but I got A*s- Bs so I guess you don't know what will happen with your results.
Thank you for the advise and I'll definitely consider it:smile:

Quick Reply

Latest