The Student Room Group
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester

Manchester Accommation choices

Hi all,

I am an exchange student (Dutch) who will attend the first semester at Manchester coming fall.

I read many threads about accommodation the past few weeks (yes, that includes the mega thread:biggrin:) and I got a pair of small question now. Reading all of this makes me kind of confused. My own university has some study reports regarding manchester as well and everyone recommended to go for whithworth park. That was initially my plan, but then I met some students who went there last year and they recommended owen's park / oak house for parties. Well, I for one would rather travel and do more social activities and rather not end up with a party house so I am confused now..

After reading everything, these are currently my options:
Whitworth Park (my study reports say it was filled with all exchange students)
Woolton Hall (smaller than oak house / owen's park, so I think it's better)
Sheavyn House (looks quite nice, smaller also).

However as I said before, I heard some stories of ''antisocial'' residents in whitworth park or that it is habited by ''internationals''. I personally think this is nice as I do an international business studies in my home country so I generally can get along with everyone (I speak multiple languages and even speak a bit of mandarin chinese:tongue:) so I think it would be quite nice to have a multinational house (e.g. british and internationals / exchange students). That way, I can spruce up your english a bit while learning from other cultures as well!

Now for the actual questions:

1). Would I get in any accommodation with this list?
2). How many non-british students usually stay at Woolton and Sheavyn?
3). Can you specify you wish to be part of a multinational house somewhere in the application? Or, are you dependent on sheer luck?

Thanks in advance!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending