The Student Room Group

OCR GCSE Computing 12th June 2014

Scroll to see replies

Its not there, or at least I can't see it :P
but thank you though!
anyone else bricking it for this exam , i done a mock i scored 53 out of 80 what grade what that be anyone? GOOD LUCK TO EVERYONE!
Original post by amahmoud0129
anyone else bricking it for this exam , i done a mock i scored 53 out of 80 what grade what that be anyone? GOOD LUCK TO EVERYONE!

Im bricking it big time buddy. Think the six markers will throw me off and I feel like there'll be a random definition I haven't revised to throw me off
just hope for the best its 1:30pm the exam so try revise lunch and break , all the best , what did u acheive on controlled assment?
just hope for the best its 1:30pm the exam so try revise lunch and break , all the best , what did u acheive on controlled assment?

i got an A in my controlled assessments, was just two or three marks off an A*. If I did significantly well in this I could get an A*. I told myself I'd be disappointed with an A, but the fact now that Ive struggled to revise this is making me much less hopeful
wow your fine , i averaged 77% in both of them which my teacher said it could just scrape grade A , get a c or even high d you will possibly come out with a B . but go for the best . use teachict its very good for last min revison
wow your fine , i averaged 77% in both of them which my teacher said it could just scrape grade A , get a c or even high d you will possibly come out with a B . but go for the best . use teachict its very good for last min revison

I can only hope, thanks bro. All the best :smile:
Reply 27

I got 87/90, hoping this exam to be good so I can hopefully A* overall.
Reply 28
how does clock speed affect the cup performance?
Reply 29
Are you allowed a calculator in the exam?
Reply 30
not in computing exam
That last question was strange.. didn't follow the pattern by the other algorithm questions!
Pretty sure i over complicated the last question and there were a few questions we hadnt been taught much for but kinda happy...

Posted from TSR Mobile
I thought it was awful. Every question they could they made it as hard as possible and how did you check the availability of drinks on the last question. Was much harder than any other paper and I hated it :'''''( Please say it wasn't just me...
What did u guys write for the card payment question?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 35
Original post by tflanjee
I thought it was awful. Every question they could they made it as hard as possible and how did you check the availability of drinks on the last question. Was much harder than any other paper and I hated it :'''''( Please say it wasn't just me...

i checked the availability by making a variable called "drinks = 10" then in other part of the code
"If INPUT number <20 AND >1 and drinks > 0 then..."
Original post by tflanjee

It was trickier than the mocks. I left out the availability bit because I thought it'd just lose me marks on the other stuff as I'd have to change it! Some questions were very weirdly worded and on the whole, it was a nasty paper I think. I have full UMS on the coursework so I'm hoping I can still get an A*
Reply 37
Hmm. I actually found it easier than the mocks. Perhaps I just revised different stuff in different amounts of detail to people here.
if 0 was easy and 10 was very hard id give it a rating of 6 it wasnt bad the last question was horrible
Reply 39
Can someone please upload the test and official or unofficial markscheme please

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending