The Student Room Group

A2 WJEC Computing CG4 2014-15

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by wb25
Still haven't thought of an idea yet. I'm not a creative person by nature haha

Haha! I've done analysis for mine but I'm not sure I've done it right! Our guidance notes weren't great...
Reply 41
Done my introduction draft and end user details. After that I run out starbursts and ideas. It is going to long few hours tomorrow to get started on the rest of the first bit.
Reply 42
Original post by 8472
Done my introduction draft and end user details. After that I run out starbursts and ideas. It is going to long few hours tomorrow to get started on the rest of the first bit.

Hahaha it's so hard to brainstorm! What's your project?
Reply 43
Original post by CD223
Hahaha it's so hard to brainstorm! What's your project?

I'll be doing a dentist system. Yes. Very random idea but speaking to my dentist about 6 months ago she was complaining about the current system they have as I told her I was interested in coding. When we got told we could make a system of our choice and for a real life customer. I had decided instantly on that. :h:

Spoiler

Reply 44
Original post by 8472
I'll be doing a dentist system. Yes. Very random idea but speaking to my dentist about 6 months ago she was complaining about the current system they have as I told her I was interested in coding. When we got told we could make a system of our choice and for a real life customer. I had decided instantly on that. :h:

Spoiler

Nice! How complex are you making it? What language are you using?
Reply 45
Original post by CD223
Nice! How complex are you making it? What language are you using?

We have been taught VBA. They did want to change to java for the A2 but decided against it.

I generally keep it really simple but have lots of simple things so it is packed full of extra features. For AS I had a mess with the teachers. I had a new teacher who taught us incorrectly for weeks and didn't even tell us about the coursework until the other classes had started. He got asked to leave. We then got another teacher who hadn't acutally done VB(A) before and had never taught computing a-level before.

What are you thinking of doing it on and what language are you using?
Reply 46
Original post by 8472
We have been taught VBA. They did want to change to java for the A2 but decided against it.

I generally keep it really simple but have lots of simple things so it is packed full of extra features. For AS I had a mess with the teachers. I had a new teacher who taught us incorrectly for weeks and didn't even tell us about the coursework until the other classes had started. He got asked to leave. We then got another teacher who hadn't acutally done VB(A) before and had never taught computing a-level before.

What are you thinking of doing it on and what language are you using?

Your predicament sounds similar to mine! We were taught VBA and never got round to learning Java. We also had a polava getting teachers sorted. Do you want to do Comp Sci at university?

I'm gonna do a theatre ticket booking system for my local theatre :smile:
Reply 47
Original post by CD223
Your predicament sounds similar to mine! We were taught VBA and never got round to learning Java. We also had a polava getting teachers sorted. Do you want to do Comp Sci at university?

I'm gonna do a theatre ticket booking system for my local theatre :smile:

Sadly I don't think i'll be going to uni due to life/personal/mental health issues.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 48
Original post by 8472
Sadly I don't think i'll be going to uni due to life/personal/mental health issues.

Theatre ticket the second of 2 we weren't allowed to do. As our exemplar shown was exactly that. :yes:

Ah I'm sorry, I shouldn't have made the assumption!

Oh really? Our college allowed us to do anything as long as it wasn't a spelling bee!
Reply 49
Original post by CD223
Ah I'm sorry, I shouldn't have made the assumption!

Oh really? Our college allowed us to do anything as long as it wasn't a spelling bee!

Nah it is fine. Everyone makes the assumption. Even my college did. It was only once I explained everything that all of a sudden the teachers had a "Oh **** what have I said moment" for each subject + tutor. I guess it is just the thing now. Everyone who does A-levels typically is expected to go to uni. :yes:

They had someone a couple years ago copy an exemplar and they only got caught 3/4 of the way through the project. So they quite tight on these things now at my college for A2.
Reply 50
Original post by 8472
Nah it is fine. Everyone makes the assumption. Even my college did. It was only once I explained everything that all of a sudden the teachers had a "Oh **** what have I said moment" for each subject + tutor. I guess it is just the thing now. Everyone who does A-levels typically is expected to go to uni. :yes:

They had someone a couple years ago copy an exemplar and they only got caught 3/4 of the way through the project. So they quite tight on these things now at my college for A2.

Oh wow! Well good luck to you whatever you do after A2! Are you any more decided yet?
Reply 51
Original post by CD223
Oh wow! Well good luck to you whatever you do after A2! Are you any more decided yet?

I have no idea, If I can't decide what to write on this analysis section how can I decide what I want to do with my life once I finish college. :rofl:

I'll see what the blows towards me and where the wind takes me.

Back to writing out all my data sources. :ninja:
Reply 52
Original post by 8472
I have no idea, If I can't decide what to write on this analysis section how can I decide what I want to do with my life once I finish college. :rofl:

I'll see what the blows towards me and where the wind takes me.

Back to writing out all my data sources. :ninja:

That makes sense! Hope it all falls into place!
Reply 53
Another day and another attempt to do the first section.:argh:
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 54
Original post by 8472
Another day and another attempt to do the first section.:argh:

When's your deadline?
Reply 55
Original post by CD223
When's your deadline?

Draft is 1st of September. You?
Reply 56
Original post by 8472
Draft is 1st of September. You?

Ours is too! Hopefully I'll finish by then. Wish I'd started earlier.
Reply 57
Original post by CD223
Ours is too! Hopefully I'll finish by then. Wish I'd started earlier.

One query I have. DFD level 1 for login details? No idea how to show that?

I've got this as the start :dontknow:

Spoiler

Do it have it go out to an entity and then come back confirmation?
Reply 58
Original post by 8472
One query I have. DFD level 1 for login details? No idea how to show that?

I've got this as the start :dontknow:

Spoiler

Do it have it go out to an entity and then come back confirmation?

I would call that done? I can't remember what I did for mine but I definitely didn't have another one for a confirmation :smile:
Reply 59
Original post by CD223
I would call that done? I can't remember what I did for mine but I definitely didn't have another one for a confirmation :smile:

Socks to it. I'll let my teacher "correct" it.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending