The Student Room Group

A2 WJEC Computing CG4 2014-15

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Original post by 8472
Socks to it. I'll let my teacher "correct" it.

Hahah, mine will have to "correct" a lot of mine. It's all so wrong
Reply 61
Original post by 8472
Socks to it. I'll let my teacher "correct" it.

I love how this thread is now taken over by our college :L
Reply 62
Original post by CD223
I love how this thread is now taken over by our college :L

We should get everyone to sign up!
Reply 63
Original post by 8472
We should get everyone to sign up!

That's actually a brilliant idea. I'll suggest it when we're back! (Or you can, seeing as it was actually your idea ...:colondollar:)
Reply 64
1st draft of analysis completed today. How's everyone else getting on? So much more to come -,-

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 65
Original post by CD223
1st draft of analysis completed today. How's everyone else getting on? So much more to come -,-

Posted from TSR Mobile

:indiff:

Spoiler

Reply 66
Original post by 8472
:indiff:

Spoiler

Really? I've just got back from an open day so I've yet to see my feedback!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 67
DFDs need changing, surprise surprise

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 68
Anyone got access to the June 2014 CG3 paper and mark scheme???
Reply 69
How is everyone's project coming along? My teacher wants us to finish our product by December before moving onto the documentation.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 70
I've done a full design of every form in the system, as my teacher instructed me to, but I don't actually see where I'm supposed to put this in my coursework. Do you split them between the Output and Input sections?
Reply 71
Original post by jay_em
I've done a full design of every form in the system, as my teacher instructed me to, but I don't actually see where I'm supposed to put this in my coursework. Do you split them between the Output and Input sections?

I believe table and form designs are inputs then reports etc are outputs :smile:
If some forms act as outputs then insert them into the output sections. But for the most part they are inputs

What language and project are you doing? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 72
Original post by CD223
I believe table and form designs are inputs then reports etc are outputs :smile:
If some forms act as outputs then insert them into the output sections. But for the most part they are inputs

What language and project are you doing? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks for the information, that's helped a lot.

I'm doing VB.NET, and my project is based around an ordering system for a catering company. What about yourself?
Reply 73
Original post by jay_em
Thanks for the information, that's helped a lot.

I'm doing VB.NET, and my project is based around an ordering system for a catering company. What about yourself?

No worries! and that sounds great! I'm using VBA, so essentially the same language, except I'm doing a ticket booking system for a local theatre company :smile: Do you want to do Comp Sci?
Reply 74
Original post by CD223
No worries! and that sounds great! I'm using VBA, so essentially the same language, except I'm doing a ticket booking system for a local theatre company :smile: Do you want to do Comp Sci?

Ah that's useful to know. And yeah, I'm hoping to send off my UCAS application soon for Computer Science. I take it you want to do the same?

Oh, one more question- have you done data flow / system diagrams for your new system, and if so, what section did you put them in? I'd ask my teacher these things, but he's been away for about a month now and we've only just gotten a proper replacement. It's rather frustrating.
Reply 75
Original post by jay_em
Ah that's useful to know. And yeah, I'm hoping to send off my UCAS application soon for Computer Science. I take it you want to do the same?

Oh, one more question- have you done data flow / system diagrams for your new system, and if so, what section did you put them in? I'd ask my teacher these things, but he's been away for about a month now and we've only just gotten a proper replacement. It's rather frustrating.

Nice! Yeah I sent of my UCAS application for Computer Science just under a month ago :smile:

I put data flow diagrams in my analysis of the current system section - but they were ones which represented the current system, not my new one. If I were you I'd stick them under design, as it's all part of planning the new build, until you can get ahold of an official answer.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 76
Where is everyone up to at the mo? I've finished my project and now have a ton of documentation to catch up on haha! Starting with maintenance...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hi, I currently take Computing WJEC AS level. Could someone give me guidance on the evaluation criteria of the analysis and design section? I also need some help on the actual programming side of things. Is there anywhere where I can find examples of work (apart from the exemplars)? Thanks
Reply 78
Original post by socialgain
Hi, I currently take Computing WJEC AS level. Could someone give me guidance on the evaluation criteria of the analysis and design section? I also need some help on the actual programming side of things. Is there anywhere where I can find examples of work (apart from the exemplars)? Thanks

Hi there!

The evaluation criteria is usually broken down into different sections (user interface, security, navigation, etc). It is a selection of "my project will..." sentences. At the end of the project you will copy and paste these onto the evaluation and discuss whether you think you have met or missed these criteria.

What is the brief of your project? What language are you using?

I would ask your teacher for previous years' examples of students from your school or college. These helped me a whole lot more than the board's exemplars.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 79
How's it going for everyone? I'm in the process of my data dictionary. So unbelievably long and painful haha.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending