The Student Room Group

If women don't want to be primarily associated with their looks...

Scroll to see replies

It starts off in life very early though, I wish it would change, the whole 'girls are girls, and boys are boys' thing. My cousin posted a picture of her kid 'graduating' from playschool a few days ago on FB and all the comments were on her looks. I know, fair enough, she's 4, you can't have a conversation with her, but if it was a boy, there wouldn't have been all the comments like "Oh, she'll be a heartbreaker!!!". I hear it a lot girls of younger than 10 being told "Oh, all the boys will be after you!" when they play with makeup or wear a dress or whatever. I know it seems natural to say and people don't mean it in a bad way but girls are all growing up with that pretty much from birth, the importance of looking good (in my home town anyway!).

A few years ago there was a product in Primark or somewhere that I think got banned - a padded bikini aged 7 years! Wtf!? Gah, I hate that sh*t!
Christ people do post about some stupid ****
Because they probably have low self confidence or are extremely vain, so they tend to go fishing for compliments. But then again, if someone uploads a picture they painted or a song they wrote people compliment them on that as well so it's not just looks. It would be weird if you uploaded a selfie and someone commented on how well they did at their exams or something.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending