The Student Room Group

Why does TSR censor **** but has a whole sub forum dedicated to sexual intercourse

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by Captain Jack
Hmm, I think you are choosing to ignore a lot of what sazzy has said RedArrow...

We aren't going to allow swear words on the site because it isn't appropriate and I'm afraid we aren't going to change that.

Yeah I agree

Not a fan of swear words at all btw. But given how some threads are in the relationship forum I don't understand why you deem only words "not appropriate"

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by RedArrow
Yeah I agree

Not a fan of swear words at all btw. But given how some threads are in the relationship forum I don't understand why you deem only words "not appropriate"

Posted from TSR Mobile

It is a valid question and I do see where you are coming from and why you're questioning it. I think really this is a question about why society is so negative about swear words rather than TSR specifically. Ie why is sex education allowed on TV at anytime but swearing only past 9pm.

We have the relationship and sexual health forum for real problems - sex and relationships are something that should be talked about more openly (and more positively sometimes) because everyone has to face these things in their lives and it's the teenage years when people are most questioning because it's new and everyone is learning. So we want to openly encourage members to talk about these questions, problems or positives with each other.

Swearing on the otherhand is perceived by society to be a negative thing and overuse can harm people's progress when it comes to at school, uni and in work. It's just frowned upon by 'society' and serves no positive purpose. We don't want to encourage people to see swearing as a good thing or encourage its use on TSR as it has no value to people can also be greatly misunderstood. Swearing online can often be seen as aggressive, even though for most people it's used for comedy value :smile:

That's why in a nutshell really - it's probably better to start a thread in society about why swearing is seen as such a negative thing.
Not sure.

I think the most cruel things aren't really said with swear words. They're personal and use a variety of language.

Most of the kids I've encountered in vid games swear like sailors.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending