The Student Room Group

I am the worst at Analysing and arguing in essay

Please help me become better. Does any have any example essays where I can learn good analysis? Or maybe some videos? or books?
Have you gone to your tutor for some assistance? I did a philo module this year and coming from a maths degree I found this fairly difficult. She gave me a bunch of resources that essentially helped me get up to a decent level. :yep:
Reply 2
Original post by Slowbro93
Have you gone to your tutor for some assistance? I did a philo module this year and coming from a maths degree I found this fairly difficult. She gave me a bunch of resources that essentially helped me get up to a decent level. :yep:

do you think you could show me some of these resources? or some website she showed you?
Original post by wartortle
do you think you could show me some of these resources? or some website she showed you?

Just to check what course do you do?
Reply 4
Just to check what course do you do?

economics and geography.
I would be very happy to help you learn to write better essays. If you want to send me something you've written, i can go over it to see where you are and exactly what you need to work on.
economics and geography.

Whilst I don't have the resources for your subject (writing a philo essay is very different to a normal essay) I found this very useful in terms of referencing http://www.york.ac.uk/integrity/chicago.html
I have a couple economics essays that has Analysis & Evaluation.

Both Micro & Macro.. although at A-level standard. A/A* pieces of work, nonetheless. I can send them to you through email.
Reply 8
Original post by AdvanceAndVanquish
I would be very happy to help you learn to write better essays. If you want to send me something you've written, i can go over it to see where you are and exactly what you need to work on.

Thank you. could you first give me some points. so i can set out a structure. Like what are the components of analytic writing.

Then I will write something and maybe you could mark it?
Reply 9

so i should ask my personal tutor?
Reply 10
Original post by Abdul-Karim
I have a couple economics essays that has Analysis & Evaluation.

Both Micro & Macro.. although at A-level standard. A/A* pieces of work, nonetheless. I can send them to you through email.

that would be good, I have sent a PM.

Could you possibly highlight the parts in which you are directly analysing.
that would be good, I have sent a PM.

Could you possibly highlight the parts in which you are directly analysing.

I've sent the essays to your email.

The analysis refers to chain links. So one thing leading to another which could potentially lead to another etc.. etc.. I have a thread where I go through the technique of writing a full proof essay in which both Analysis & Evaluation is used with an example answer to a question.

It may be useful to you: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2641741

Reply 12
I've sent the essays to your email.

The analysis refers to chain links. So one thing leading to another which could potentially lead to another etc.. etc.. I have a thread where I go through the technique of writing a full proof essay in which both Analysis & Evaluation is used with an example answer to a question.

It may be useful to you: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2641741

hey mate, could you try sending it again, because its not in my inbox. thank you
hey mate, could you try sending it again, because its not in my inbox. thank you

Sure, could you resend your email.
Reply 14
Sure, could you resend your email.

sent it
sent it

Give me a couple minutes, attaching the files.
Reply 16
Give me a couple minutes, attaching the files.

Thanks brother, I have it.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending