The Student Room Group

Morrison Welcome Day HELP URGENT

Hi

I have a Morrison Welcome Day coming up please can anyone helpwith their experience and how they went along on the day.

Any other advice would be grateful.

Thank You
Hello there.

I recently answered a similar question on this forum. Here was my response:

(Original post by Flying Pig)
Hi,

It's not an open day as such is more of an induction to the working environment and what you will be doing. I had mine two years ago. I'm assuming your induction is for a period of two days.

On your first day, expect to go to one of the training rooms where the Personnel Manager (this is the person who looks after the employees) will welcome you and discuss the job role you will be undertaking.

On my induction, we then played a 'supermarket game' where you had to find certain things such as fire exits and popular groceries - this is to familiarise you with the store and where everything is located (it's useful).

You'll then get a tour of the entire store this will include places such as the warehouse, checkouts, departments, cleaning facilities, lockers, personnel room, canteen ect.

Then this will be followed by MORE quizzes and coverage of things such as Challenge 25 and emergency situations - which will then be followed by loads of paperwork as well as your contract!

On your first day you may get the opportunity to experience the checkouts. Even if you're not on checkouts they like to get you to do it as then they can use you as relief when the store gets busy. Don't worry about this, there are many buttons and functions of the till interface to learn but you'll always have somebody experienced watching over you.

ALSO - If you're worried about being alone, then fear no longer. Supermarkets usually employ their staff in chunks so I guarantee you'll be starting with a group of people of varying ages (normally young). Use this to your advantage and make some friends early on.

Don't worry about the Passport / Driving License thing - if there is a problem they will talk to you and sort it out.

Best of Luck!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending