The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Are good people a minority or a majority?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by ahola
+1 (not giving you rep though! because im on an evil ****)

Damn, pls give me rep. I'll give u cookies
Original post by Jess_x
This question has been disturbing me of late. I'd like to know what other people think.

Most people are sort of chaotic neutral.
Original post by A Mysterious Lord
A majority, it's just the minority are the most vocal.

prove it
"Sometimes good people make bad decisions. It doesn't make them bad people, it makes them human."

but yeah too subjective to answer really but i would be more inclined to say there are more ''good'' (aka law-abiding(?)) citizens in the world than ''bad''.
Original post by Roger1
Good people are a majority although you get to hear more about the minority bad people.

I would say you're a member of the minority
Original post by Armin.
What? Really?

Good in terms of what? I actually think most people are bad.

You reckon? Most people don't murder, or steal, or rape, or any of the other terrible things.
Reply 26
Original post by manchesterunited15
I would say you're a member of the minority

Ok scholesy. :smile:
Original post by Roger1
Ok scholesy. :smile:

Killing non-believers? That's pretty evil. Scholesy would never do such a thing.
It depends on how you define goodness obviously. Personally I think someone is a good person if they generally to act in the interests of most other people and if they have some level of empathy. We all do things that are bad, that doesn't make us bad people.
Reply 29
Original post by manchesterunited15
Killing non-believers? That's pretty evil. Scholesy would never do such a thing.

Funny thing is that I'm friends with a lot of non-believers.
Reply 30
Original post by Armin.
What? Really?

Good in terms of what? I actually think most people are bad.

Well the vast majority of people, I find, are very friendly and do not engage in pointless malice.
Original post by A Mysterious Lord
A majority, it's just the minority are the most vocal.

That's my stance on it as well tbh. Good people tend to be the silent majority
Most people are self righteous, they love telling people whats right and wrong and complaining about all the bad stuff that goes on.

But very few have the gut to act on their beliefs and even fewer are selfless in their actions.

Example: By stander effect - Most people will walk passed a person knocked out on the ground in public and are unlikely to help, unless others get involved. Which as a paramedic student, its quite shocking most would ignore the sick and injured.
Reply 33
Depends what you define as 'good'.
Reply 34
Original post by paramedico
Most people are self righteous, they love telling people whats right and wrong and complaining about all the bad stuff that goes on.

But very few have the gut to act on their beliefs and even fewer are selfless in their actions.

Example: By stander effect - Most people will walk passed a person knocked out on the ground in public and are unlikely to help, unless others get involved. Which as a paramedic student, its quite shocking most would ignore the sick and injured.

I like this opinion. I'm in the self-righteous majority.
(edited 9 years ago)
We are all good people at heart 😊

Posted from TSR Mobile
there are quite obviously bad people. Hell is full of them, and it's horrendously overcrowded. Rapist, murderers etc. Sit on the fence if it makes you feel comfortable, you'll find plenty of supporters on either side.
I agree most people are good especially when you try to be kind to people most of the people will try to take a vantage of you and when you’re on the Internet most of the people on the Internet will try to cyber bully you that definitely means most people are good and my weight especially when ideas such as communism and capitalism fail so miserably because the people that definitely means most people are good right Honestly pisses me off for naïve idiots like you honestly think this way
OK “Mr. if you expressed an opinion I don’t like then you’re an idiot even if it’s true” if what you’re saying is true how come anytime I tried to be generous and kind of people they always wind up taking a vantage of me if what you’re saying is true how come I come across nothing but side bullies when I’m on the Internet if what you’re saying is true then how come ideas such as communism and capitalism failed so miserably because of people if what you’re saying is true then how come I hear more about war death and torture than I hear anything good when I was in history class
(Original post well no **** the reason why most people don’t Murder rape steal or torture others is because it’s illegal otherwise if it was legal then crime rate will skyrocket and that’s true what do you like it or not

Latest

Trending

Trending