The Student Room Group

Doing past papers for mocks which are made of past papers

So I was thinking about this.
I did all of the chemistry past papers before my mock, and got a decent score on them (40-50/60). I marked them myself, too. When I sat the exam, I recognised all the questions and couldn't tell if I knew the answers or if I remembered the mark scheme instead.
This is quite deteriorating since I see it as a way of cheating basically and will nullify any good scores I get.

Or am I completely wrong? If I'm right, is there another way to thoroughly test my knowledge? Thanks.
Most questions repeat themselves year after year in a slightly different form anyway. Don't feel bad at all. Maybe do questions out of the textbook if it bothers you. Doing past papers from the last several years a few times each before the real exam will guarantee you the best marks. You'll understand it more from doing questions and you'll be better at answering them in the real exam because of the style of questions
Reply 2
It's not cheating. It's kind of being very well informed because you've done your work. Treat it as a benefit from doing all those past papers.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending