The Student Room Group

Exam Pet Peeves?

Anyone care to share their pet peeves related to exam season?

Mine would be:

People that come out of exams saying how easy it was when others clearly are stressed about it.

Literally we finished our comp1 and my friends were saying it was so hard, then some dick comes past "wow, that was piss easy haha, some people are saying it was hard, how stupid are they"

Damn these people :angry:

Anyways, what are yours?

EDIT: I'm glad to see this thread is booming!
(edited 9 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by JoshDingri
Anyone care to share their pet peeves related to exam season?

Mine would be:

People that come out of exams saying how easy it was when others clearly are stressed about it.

Literally we finished our comp1 and my friends were saying it was so hard, then some dick comes past "wow, that was piss easy haha, some people are saying it was hard, how stupid are they"

Damn these people :angry:

Anyways, what are yours?

There's always one person with a cold who didn't bring tissues.

*sniff*

*sniff*

... ...

*...sniff*

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Reply 2
Sniffing.
Tapping pens.
Clicking Pens.
That one kid that scribbles everything out every few seconds.
Scraping chairs.
Tables that are too high to be comfortable.
That one kid in front of you that asks for everything like tissues and water.
Invigilators that take 10 million years to walk to you.
The 50 million clocks they think they need ticking loudly.
Other people leaving the exam room early.
People that arrive late.
People not tucking their chairs in when it's time to leave so you have to hop over every bloody one.
Exam Clashes.
Being at the front of the exam hall.
Having too much time at the end.
Exams with so much paper you don't have enough desk space.
When things fall off of your desk and far away into the 7th realm of hell.
Cold Exam rooms.
Boiling Exam rooms.
People not in the exam hall making a bloody racket.

As you can tell, I don't really enjoy exams..
Scribbling, or really rushed, heavy writing..
I don't like it when the invigilators stop by me and stand over me when I'm trying to write as it puts me off and I can't continue writing until they leave. I don't really like sitting at the back of an exam hall either as being able to see all the other people writing makes me feel more nervous, especially if I feel like I'm struggling with a question.

A lot of the time though I'm so focused on getting my exam paper done that I don't really notice other things that have been mentioned like people clicking pens or tapping, mind you I probably do those things anyway out of nervous habit.
People that put their pens away very loudly about ten minutes before the end of the exam, then sit there with their papers closed, leaning back and looking smug.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6
GCSE students who think it's funny to show up late
The one person who finishes early and starts tapping their shoe on the floor - usually in an all to familiar tune so it gets into our head.
One of these sons of satan was in my Chemistry exam as was seriously considering to ask an invigilator to tell him to stfu
In my Latin exam today there was this guy who kept cracking his knuckles and even his neck at one point! It was freaking me out! D:<
Oh and also we start our exams at one so after an hour long exam, we have to stay in the room, sitting in silence for half an hour...which goes sooooo slowly, and is such a waste of time
I hate it when people are shouting and messing around outside the exam hall...it's usually the year 7s ffs
Oh god someone next to me *sniff sniff* *sniff*

- I give the glare -

*SNIFF* *sniff* *SNIFF*

FAHJIWFAIPSOFKALF!
Original post by Puddles the Monkey
There's always one person with a cold who didn't bring tissues.

*sniff*

*sniff*

... ...

*...sniff*

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Original post by LPerkiins
tapping their shoe on the floor

That really annoys me too, they say it's because they're nervous but they even do it when they're not in an exam too, and sometimes it can even shake your chair if they're really close to you which makes it look like you have some spasm disability.
When the invigilator takes 400 million years to see my hand up and then ten more million years to bring me extra paper because she doesn't know where is it. Agghh :frown:
Why do you start your exams at 1pm?
In one of my exams this summer one of the invigilators' phones went off!! How distracting?! Thankfully our lecturer gave him a right telling off.
The 17yr A Level student with a bladder the size of a 2 year old. Every half hour of the exam! Arrrrrr!
Also, I have noticed in every single exam this girl goes to the toilet withing the first 20 minutes of the exam - every exam without fail. Some of us a beginning to suspect that she goes to the toilet to look at notes..........
When someone decides to turn on the radiation heaters in the exam hall, even though it's SUMMER OUTSIDE, one of the heaters is pointed directly at your desk, you can feel your face melting and there is nothing you can do about it.

... that happened to me in my year 10 mocks...
When I get the wonky damn table that won't just stay upright and keeps wobbling and I just have to deal with it and hold it down with one hand. Also people who finish early and sit infront of their paper with it closed even though theres 10 minutes left GRRRRRR. You aren't winning any style points buddy just check your ****ing work you smug piece of ****.

Quick Reply

Latest