The Student Room Group

OCR MEI Maths C2 paper 6th June 2014PM UNOFFICIAL MARK SCHEME

Scroll to see replies

I reckon I got around 66/72 marking myself harshly. Not sure tho obviously because im not the examiner,but how many ums do you guys reckon it is.

That log question :'(
D'awwww I messed up on 12) iii. I integrated with x as 12 instead of 15. The earlier question confused me. How many marks do you think I lost?
Reply 42
Original post by pinkgorilla
I reckon I got around 66/72 marking myself harshly. Not sure tho obviously because im not the examiner,but how many ums do you guys reckon it is.

That log question :'(

Around 90 I think
Hi can anyone tell me is it ok for me to put my ans as equals to 0.518 only for the log qn in section A? I forgot to write x equals to 0.518. I was in a rush.
Reply 44
For question 8, is the answer not plus or minus cos? as your square rooting sin^2 so that gives plus or minus sin?
Original post by Alastairrrr
You'll lose one mark. I did the same.

Will they actually penalise it at all though because it is in the form they want. And it isn't wrong.
Original post by neveroddoreven
do you think that I'll get full marks.

I left my answer as: y -x/7 +34/7

No you will lose one mark as thequestion specifically asks for the form ax+by+c=0. sorry
For the last question I said there is only a finite amount of ice... So would that get full marks?
Reply 48
for the ax+by+c=0 question I done everything correct, i multiplied everything by seven, but forgot to rearrange to make it all equal zero, will I lose a mark for this?
Reply 49
Original post by Genty Boy
For the last question I said there is only a finite amount of ice... So would that get full marks?

I think you should, that question did seem very open minded, i've come across a few mark schemes where they stated "anything sensible"
Original post by oSteve
For question 8, is the answer not plus or minus cos? as your square rooting sin^2 so that gives plus or minus sin?

nope it said that x is an acute angle
Reply 51
Does anyone have the mark scheme or the unoffical mark sceme to this test? :smile:
Original post by Dolly16
Does anyone have the mark scheme or the unoffical mark sceme to this test? :smile:

You are literally on the unofficial mark scheme forum. Where do you think you can find the unofficial mark scheme? If you can't answer said question, I would advise you drop maths asap and take up a BTEC
Reply 53
after looking at the examiner report, it appears like this wasn't the paper?
http://www.ocr.org.uk/Images/178014-examiners-report-june.pdf
Reply 54
Do OCR (MEI) only offer full UMS for 72/72 or can you get 70, 71 on papers and come out with full UMS?
I just worked this out! You can defo get full UMS with 70 and 71 marks out of 72 :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending