The Student Room Group

AQA GCSE Chemistry Unit 1 - June 10th 2014 *OFFICIAL THREAD*

Scroll to see replies

Nickel catalyst 60 dgrees
Hydration steam vapours over catalyst
Mainly c02, methane etc - Volcanoes formed and relased 02 vapours , photosynthesis = 02 etc
Cracking produces alkenes = double bonds = unstaurated = Bromine water orange to colourless
Thankyou ^_^ for this helped me revise thankyou! :smile:
I am so terrible @ chemistry :frown::mad:
ANY PREDICTIONS FOR 6 MARKER? .....maybe limecycle?
Reply 43
I'm quite worried for Chemistry tbh. We spent the whole of year nine doing it but we had this crap trainee teacher who couldn't teach and our main teacher wasn't much better. My current teacher only had to skim over everything quickly in order to get Physics and Biology done so I guess I have to teach myself the whole topic in 3 days xD I'm so glad MyGCSEscience exists.

The Biology paper had some repeated questions so I hope it's teh same for chem
Original post by Rizzay
I'm quite worried for Chemistry tbh. We spent the whole of year nine doing it but we had this crap trainee teacher who couldn't teach and our main teacher wasn't much better. My current teacher only had to skim over everything quickly in order to get Physics and Biology done so I guess I have to teach myself the whole topic in 3 days xD I'm so glad MyGCSEscience exists.

The Biology paper had some repeated questions so I hope it's teh same for chem

check out the link that i put up above, it has all of MY-GCSE science's note in 1 PDF :P
guess what though - ik what the 6 marker WONT be :P
June 2013 6 marker was
"Describe and explain how petrol is separated from the mixture of hydrocarbons in crude oil."
^that has a chance of being it, but only a VERY SMALL CHANCE, as well as this, it probably WONT BE jan 14' 6 marker whcih was:
i dont know:P i couldnt find it xD

Original post by goldtippedarrows
I felt the exact same too! They heavily repeated the AQA SPEC B BIOLOGY PAPER. I was quite shocked- but pleasantly surprised:tongue:
Can you link me the Chemistry and Physics SPEC papers please :smile:
Original post by Blueyy___
AQA... Nice?

Oxymoron? :wink:
Original post by Gorwell
Oxymoron? :wink:

haha :P maybeee...
hey, do you guys watch My-GCSE science for revision?
well, i put all of his C1 notes into 1 pdf if you want it - it can save ya'll some time :P It is what i have been using, and i have found it useful, especially for putting it on my phone so i can revise on the go lol

https://www.dropbox.com/s/eam1368d3b3a4vb/all%20C1.pdf

Thanks for this!!!
Original post by JustMe88
Can you link me the Chemistry and Physics SPEC papers please :smile:

chem = http://filestore.aqa.org.uk/subjects/AQA-4402-W-SP-14.PDF
phy = http://filestore.aqa.org.uk/subjects/AQA-PHYS-W-SP-14.PDF
Original post by goldtippedarrows
Thank you much for this! and hope you've done incredibly well too! :smile: (bit random but what's the inspiration behind your username. Gorwell as in George Orwel'm guessing? sorry i find it really intruiging haha
:smile:)

GUYS i will post it very very soon. Its on another computer which I cannot access atm but you'll get it no later by tomorrow.

You guessed right! thank you :-) you're so sweet aha :smile:
Reply 52
hey, do you guys watch My-GCSE science for revision?
well, i put all of his C1 notes into 1 pdf if you want it - it can save ya'll some time :P It is what i have been using, and i have found it useful, especially for putting it on my phone so i can revise on the go lol

https://www.dropbox.com/s/eam1368d3b3a4vb/all%20C1.pdf

I agree! his videos are so helpful! :smile:
Out of interest are any of you guys taking A level chem??
Is it bad that I'm actually looking forward to the exam...
Its a mixture of wanting to get it done and I feel like I know C1 a lot better :biggrin:
Also will be posting some questions for C1 tonight so keep your eyes peeled :P
Original post by Gorwell
Out of interest are any of you guys taking A level chem??

I'm taking it! I never would've thought in Year 10 that I'd be doing Chemistry A Level but I am :biggrin:
What are all the possible 6 markers that could come up in C1? Going to try to make sure I can answer all of them by Tuesday:smile:
Original post by HollsAmber345
What are all the possible 6 markers that could come up in C1? Going to try to make sure I can answer all of them by Tuesday:smile:

fractional distillation/saturated and unsaturated (+ how to test for them)/ionic±covalent bonding/collision theory etc - basically anything on the specification

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending