The Student Room Group

AQA GCSE Chemistry Unit 1 - June 10th 2014 *OFFICIAL THREAD*

Hi all,

Thought I'd make a thread for the upcoming chem exam. This is one of the last science exams for the course so the pressure is on to make it count!

PRE EXAM
would be good to post practice questions for others and useful reviison material

POST EXAM
Discuss answers but no fighting! :smile:

All the best!

Some useful resources:
MY GCSEscience
Bitesize (don't judge :P )
Youtube in general- shall have to find specific videos.

May the exam content be ever in your favour :tongue:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by goldtippedarrows
Hi all,

Thought I'd make a thread for the upcoming chem exam. This is one of the last science exams for the course so the pressure is on to make it count!

PRE EXAM
would be good to post practice questions for others and useful reviison material

POST EXAM

All the best!

Some useful resources:
MY GCSEscience

I love doing the little quizes on bitesize when I'm bored. They get the answers wrong sometimes though. /:
Hi all,

PRE EXAM

POST EXAM

All the best!

Some useful resources:
MY GCSEscience

When is this exam? I've lost my exam timetable. Any predictions for 6markers? I'm hoping this exam goes like today though although Chemistry has by far been the besr especially Chem3!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by CaitlinN15
When is this exam? I've lost my exam timetable. Any predictions for 6markers? I'm hoping this exam goes like today though although Chemistry has by far been the besr especially Chem3!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hey!

Chemistry (on my timetable) is 10th June 2014 at 1.30. :smile:

Hmmm as for predictions crude oil came last year but there is no reason why it cant come up as a sneaky 3 marker! It could be anything! I will let you all know on here if I have any other hunches :smile:
Original post by Gorwell
I love doing the little quizes on bitesize when I'm bored. They get the answers wrong sometimes though. /:

Hey! I agree quizzes are alright but I like how they try to follow the spec! They also have those funky interactive activities for Unit 1 which they didn't have for Unit 3 and half of Unit 2 so it should be more useful! :smile:
OKAY QUIZZIES

1) How is margarine hardened
2) How is ethanol made from ethene
3) Describe how the earths atmosphere today was formed
4) How can we break down long chain hydrocarbons and state the products formed
Bring on C1
i found C2 and C3 easy!! So hopefully this one will be the same... GOOD LUCK EVERYONE!!!!!1
Original post by GCSEmoron
i found C2 and C3 easy!! So hopefully this one will be the same... GOOD LUCK EVERYONE!!!!!1

I agree it was really easy! haha good luck to you too:-)
Posted from TSR Mobile
Hey!

Hmmm as for predictions crude oil came last year but there is no reason why it cant come up as a sneaky 3 marker! It could be anything! I will let you all know on here if I have any other hunches :smile:

Mm true and as yours is at 1:30 it'll mean mine.will be at 2 because 1:30 is during our dinner. And yeah same I'll let you know too
Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by bano_786
Bring on C1

Yepp, you're so right! So doing the same for P1 and did for B1 today :P
Hey!

Yepp, absolutely true! When I did bio today i found that some of the questions were repeated from previous past papers - lets just hope they do the same for physics and chem!
I agree it was really easy! haha good luck to you too:-)
Posted from TSR Mobile

awww, my first friend on TSR :smile:
Anyone have the C1, B1 or P1 january 2014 modulaR?/ Please
Original post by Ravioli99
Yepp, absolutely true! When I did bio today i found that some of the questions were repeated from previous past papers - lets just hope they do the same for physics and chem!

I felt the exact same too! They heavily repeated the AQA SPEC B BIOLOGY PAPER. I was quite shocked- but pleasantly surprised:tongue:
Original post by GCSEmoron
awww, my first friend on TSR :smile:

Oo ahaha glad I was the first:wink: ahah did you find the unit 2s worse.or easier than the unit 3s? I found them harder tbh

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by viralmadani
Anyone have the C1, B1 or P1 january 2014 modulaR?/ Please

I have the C1 modular but is it okay for us to post it on or not? I dont want to get into trouble for anything because its not even on the website. I'll find out or if anyone else finds out then do post.
Oo ahaha glad I was the first:wink: ahah did you find the unit 2s worse.or easier than the unit 3s? I found them harder tbh

Posted from TSR Mobile

do you mean just for chemistry? I found both the c2 and c3 easy, but b2 and b3 hard :frown: although it seems that everyone failed bio so hopefully the boundaries will be low for a star. What do you think the a star boundary will be? I'm thinking same as last year at 39/60 for b3??? and maybe 43/60 for b2????

and p2 and p3 were okayish :smile: hopefully scraped a stars in both
Should be fine, considering the bio answers are pretty much leaked on another thread. And I seriously need to revise.pleaseee
I have the C1 modular but is it okay for us to post it on or not? I dont want to get into trouble for anything because its not even on the website. I'll find out or if anyone else finds out then do post.
Hey! I agree quizzes are alright but I like how they try to follow the spec! They also have those funky interactive activities for Unit 1 which they didn't have for Unit 3 and half of Unit 2 so it should be more useful! :smile:

They are! Do you feel prepared for this exam?? Fingers crossed AQA are nice to us :tongue:

Quick Reply

Latest