The Student Room Group

AQA GCSE Physics Unit 1 - June 12th 2014 *OFFICIAL THREAD*

Scroll to see replies

Hi guys. I made my physics notes. Here they are, feel free to use them! Give me feedback on them!

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1xZlSwEn58DncydnC3tR2A9IYopF2BhxqHDQIcMF6Zw4/edit

Hope you enjoy them - they're for my personal use so I thought I'd share them and help you guys, too
Original post by iMacJack
Hi guys. I made my physics notes. Here they are, feel free to use them! Give me feedback on them!

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1xZlSwEn58DncydnC3tR2A9IYopF2BhxqHDQIcMF6Zw4/edit

Hope you enjoy them - they're for my personal use so I thought I'd share them and help you guys, too

NICE!
Original post by iMacJack

cheers, thanks :smile:
What formulas won't be on the equation sheet that we will need to memorize?
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Blueyy__
actually - this image is better as it is less confusing :smile:

Way to remember:
Reinvest
Money
In
Vaults
Until
eXtras
Grow
Original post by Sanderm1
What formulas won't be on the equation sheet that we will need to memorize?

all you have to remember mathematically is:
-how to use a calculator (lol)
-working out the efficientcy in a sanky diagram (easy, just add up the squares) (wont be on the equation sheet)
-payback time (maybe - i cant remember, but anyways
payback=initial cost/annual saving)
-calculating the cost of electricity? (no. of units used = power x time OR units = kW x hrs OR cost = Units X Price OR cost = no.of units X price)
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by studyHELP!
Way to remember:
Reinvest
Money
In
Vaults
Until
eXtras
Grow

OR

Rabbits (Radio)
Mate (Micro)
In (Infra-red)
Very (Visual light)
Unusual (ultra-violet)
eXotic (x-ray)
Gardens (gamma)
:P
Original post by f.loco
If anyone got time, please explain(in good detail) how the orgin of the universe began and the theories supporting it. I dont want a brief answer but a detailed one, it'll be highly appreciated.

Can u mention red shift, big bang, steady state in ur answers please.
Posted from TSR Mobile

The Big Bang theory states that the universe began with an explosion from a very small initial point, and has continued to expand since then.

The steady state theory however, said that the universe has no origin, and was always there, but it still says it is expanding. The theory says matter is created as the universe expands, so the universe always looks the same.

A red-shift provides evidence for both these theories. A red-shift is a shift in the wavelength of light from far away galaxies, towards the red end of the spectrum. This shift can be seen if the light is split into the spectrum and compared to light from the sun. Dark lines (black lines on the spectrum) are seen where certain elements have absorbed the light. These lines can be seen to have moved towards the red end of the spectrum. This tells us that the galaxy is moving away from us. The bigger the red-shift, the faster it's moving away. If all the galaxies are moving away from each other, the universe is expanding. This is said by both theories.

A blue-shift is the opposite. The dark lines will have moved towards the blue, and tell us that the galaxy is moving towards us.

Another piece of evidence for the Big Bang Theory is the CMBR - Cosmic Microwave Background Radiation. Gamma rays were produced in the explosion that created the universe. These gamma rays have been stretched in wave length since the universe has been expanding. They can now be detected around the universe as microwaves.

:biggrin:
Original post by RubyStar
i need help in the blue shift and the red shift:s-smilie:

See my reply to f.loco... Feel free to ask about anything you don't understand in it
blueshift is waves coming towards us
redshift is waves moving away from us
The colours (red/blue) show/represent the electromagnetic spectrum, as waves get closer or further apart:

redshift helps us explain/know that the universe is still expanding, if you need more help with this, i recommend looking at the specification of P1 as it includes all of the info, and the detail you need to know it in :smile: - but check my post above to help you with it :biggrin:

That is so confusing! Too much colour! Too much information together!

Also... A red shift is not waves moving away from us. See my reply to f.loco for a better explanation
Original post by #sarahsmith2
That is so confusing! Too much colour! Too much information together!

Also... A red shift is not waves moving away from us. See my reply to f.loco for a better explanation

hm, nice. i like your post :smile:
i guess i shouldnt have been as vague in my answer to f.loco about redshift
hm, nice. i like your post :smile:
i guess i shouldnt have been as vague in my answer to f.loco about redshift

Yeah... You probably knew it but the way you said it didn't make sense :P
OR

Rabbits (Radio)
Mate (Micro)
In (Infra-red)
Very (Visual light)
Unusual (ultra-violet)
eXotic (x-ray)
Gardens (gamma)

you are god thanks so much!!, I will remember that forever lool
thanks
Original post by avi_jmister
you are god thanks so much!!, I will remember that forever lool
thanks

hahaha :P no problem
I'm so angry that I need to take at least two sciences to do biomed at uni :'(
Original post by ImagineCats
I'm so angry that I need to take at least two sciences to do biomed at uni :'(

at A level? I'm thinking of taking all 3 :P
at A level? I'm thinking of taking all 3 :P

Can I have your brain please? Haha, I'm getting a tutor for chemistry :smile:
Original post by ImagineCats
Can I have your brain please? Haha, I'm getting a tutor for chemistry :smile:

lol, that sounds cool and No, i like my brain pmsl haha xD
OR

Rabbits (Radio)
Mate (Micro)
In (Infra-red)
Very (Visual light)
Unusual (ultra-violet)
eXotic (x-ray)
Gardens (gamma)

Or you can search on youtube 'The ElectroMagnetic Spectrum song' it's the most annoying but benefital song I've ever heard. 2years down the line I still remember the tune and the lyrics. It's the best thing ever haha I learnt it within the 4minutes the song played for haha. Lol.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending