The Student Room Group

Arsey's Edexcel M1 M1 (R) M1 IAL S14 Model Answers

Scroll to see replies

Original post by TheHenri
world going down if you get 95UMS or something like that... #firstworldproblems
If you did 20 papers and didnt lose marks . then in this bull**** u lose marks because of them im sure you wouldnt be happy. And if your aiming for cambridge 95 is average. nd average isnt good enough mate
by the looks of it hopefully around a C, 46/75 which is a real shame, I WORKED SO HARD FOR M1 :angry::angry::angry:
Original post by Arsey
x

I made a few stupid mistakes for question 3 for part b and c, although my method was correct. Do you think there I'd get marks from error carried forward, or just the method marks?
for 5b will I lose all 3 marks for doing it in terms of acceleration?
Reply 64
Original post by mynameisntbobk
I genuinely don't think it could have been.

Having done both, I think S13 was a lot harder.
Reply 65
How many marks would I lose for getting Sin and Cos confused in the first question? The working out was correct though
Original post by physicsmaths
excuse me people. Am i the only one who thinks q6b was terribly worded. As p and q were given as magnitudes then they said p-q. But that was the only question ive got wrong in literally 20 past papers. If they said that q's direction of force is reversed(which is whats happening) then iwudve pythagoriesed and got it right but tis sort of question is riduculous. It did not test my mechanics at all as i now my mechanics is flawless. Well it was except for me losing ****ing 4 marks due to edexcels laziness of testing there papers of some sorts. Now im gna get 95 or some **** which will make me look retarded compared to other maths applicants as i aced june s13 with 75/75 . That question just wanted you to figure out. Half of the puzzle to that part of the question was the question itself. Load of crap i think. It better be 70for 100ums as i know i deserve and so do my mechanics skills
sorry for my terrible spelling im just really pissed right now

Yes that question was the worst worded question yet I got 72/75 in June 2013 and didn't find any of the questions in June 2013 hard and got that completely wrong it should have said magnitude of P and -Q.
Reply 67
Original post by podrodow1
Oh my god I think I forgot to write my surname down, if I filled in everything else (candidate number, initials, centre number etc) will I be ok?

oh no, you will get a zero now :wink:

nah, you will be fine.
Reply 68
[QUOTE=SaadKhan02;48001504]Arsey IAL solutions, please!!

I don't have the paper yet, I am in the UK... when I get it, I will do it.
:wink:
Reply 69
Original post by Jovery
Having done both, I think S13 was a lot harder.

I agree, people hoping for similar boundaries are going to be :mad::frown:
Original post by Arsey
oh no, you will get a zero now :wink:

nah, you will be fine.

Phew, thank god.
Reply 71
Original post by jtbteddy
Hi Arsey,

Thank you for your model answers. I have a doubt, do we get ecf in M1? For instance, if I got the final velocity in the 3b wrong, but used my value to calculate both impulse and the total time, would I get any marks?

Please do answer this question, as Im sure itll benefit others too.

Thank you.

Posted from TSR Mobile

sometimes you do, it will say ft in the mark scheme. However, it happens way less than people on TSR think.
Original post by Arsey

i think the grade boundaries could be skewed this year due to the lack of January exams. I can hope anyway.
Thanks so much for the solutions, Arsey. It's the first unofficial markscheme I've ever been brave enough to look at!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 74
Arsey, if i used the wrong formula every time for suvat up but I got the right answers, do i still lose marks?
Original post by Arsey

I think it might be 58 for an A...

Do you know any students who did average in mechanics and came out with an A* in maths?

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)
the only thing that annoyed me was the fact that there are only around 3 questions in the m1 book which are similar to q6 and no examples what so ever on how to do them, and as far as i'm concerned it has only come up once in past papers. most of my mates , which do physics, said that was a more of a physics question than mechanics. i wouldn't complain if the book taught it. the rest was ok, esp for those that did all the past papers.
Reply 77
Original post by Arsey
yes when I get access to the paper

wonderful, thanks!
Hey Arsey

Do you think no january exams will have a large inpact on overall grade boundaries?
Reply 79
Original post by Cub369
Arsey, if i used the wrong formula every time for suvat up but I got the right answers, do i still lose marks?

but, wait, what... :confused::confused:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending