The Student Room Group

So, is my As grades okay?

chemistry - B (damn aluminium and baxite crap) have to retake module 2

maths - B (C2 and S1 was damn hard) guess i'll be resitting does

biology - A (:-), 2b could have been improved)

english literature - C (might retake pride and prejudice)

i could have done so much better in maths, english literature im pretty sure im dropping next year and in chemistry none of the people in year 13 got an A this year:eek:
I would say, and I don't mean to sound harsh, your grades ARE ok, but nothing more.
Reply 2
you should resit some modules and you will be able to improve your grade
Reply 3
Your grades are not bad but ithink u shud definetly resit some moudules to bump up your marks to As. This is because u will need all the UMS marks to get AAA or AAB at A-level. Trust me A2 is sooo much more difficult as you go into even more depth, by having a few marks to play with you will then be in a more comfortable position.
Reply 4
Did you take General Studies?
Reply 5
Despite the fact that Medical Unis give offers of ABB or AAB, you might want to get much higher ASs to even get considered - remember there about one million medical applicants per place and so-so grades (without a good personal statement or quality experience) will not help you at all.

In short, you have a chance, but not a great one. (Try your luck anyway and see what happens though, you'll only regret it otherwise)
stallion
Did you take General Studies?

nope, and i had it believed that it's a totally useless subject

i know i can bump up by maths to an A, and english lit to a B.

is it true it's near impossible on getting an A in a2 chemistry? no-one in my school in year 13 this year manage an A.
Astudentinneed
nope, and i had it believed that it's a totally useless subject

i know i can bump up by maths to an A, and english lit to a B.

is it true it's near impossible on getting an A in a2 chemistry? no-one in my school in year 13 this year manage an A.

Appar over 30% of people who took chem this year got an A-grade at A2 level...
Reply 8
Makky_Legend
Appar over 30% of people who took chem this year got an A-grade at A2 level...

Indeed, you will be competing with people from all over the country - not just the chemistry fools from your school. You've got to do as well as you can, if possible.
Reply 9
I can't imagine ABB would be good enough, and most medical schools don't like resits, so research the ones you want to apply to and find out their stance on resits before you jump in and take them, you don't want to resit and then find out you can only apply to a handful.

Instead of spending the time on resits you might be better off putting in the extra work in your year 13 modules and try getting high A's in these modules, so overall you'll end up with AAB/AAA
Reply 10
Astudentinneed

No it is certainly not true! You just need to understand the basic concept and apply it in chem (esp with orgainic chem). If you are willing to put in the effort and you have a good teacher then it is not hard at all. WHat board are you doing for chem? I did OCR chem at A-level and i found the letts study guides a godsend, they were really good.

Latest

Trending

Trending