The Student Room Group

Here's the resources and begin imitating the British Accent!:):)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Reply 21

[h="1"]English Speaking Practice: How to improve your English Speaking and Fluency: SHADOWING[/h]
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 22

[h="1"]"Speak English Confidently" 5 tips for no more nervousness @doingenglish[/h]
Reply 23
[h="1"]Learn British English Online with a native English teacher[/h]
Reply 24

London Native English Speaker Interviews Part 2
Reply 25
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 26

English Interview
Original post by Yay😊
When I'm at home or go anywhere in the uk I don't really have an. Accent but the second I go abroad everyone knows where I'm from. Do u hav an accent?😊

Posted from TSR Mobile

YES! Mine is more regional than pronounced but you can tell the difference between the counties in the region I'm from :smile:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply 28
Please parse these links to your friends and other on TSR.
Original post by ViolaPat5

For example, instead of saying, "is he going to the STORE?" Say, "is he GOING to the store?"

"Store" isn't a British noun - it's an Americanism :wink: we'd say "shop", unless it's part of a proper noun like "Apple Store".
Reply 30
Original post by Smaug123
"Store" isn't a British noun - it's an Americanism :wink: we'd say "shop", unless it's part of a proper noun like "Apple Store".

We need many British people's help here to help the international members learn to speak like you. Please help :smile:
Reply 31
Original post by Smaug123

No it isn't an Americanism it's a "British" word having been used in the UK for centuries...
Original post by f11991
No it isn't an Americanism it's a "British" word having been used in the UK for centuries...

Referring to shops as "stores" is pretty American, though.

Quick Reply

Latest