The Student Room Group
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry

Current Warwick first-year, ask me anything. :)

Hello,

So I know this time last year I had a lot of questions and stuff about Warwick and what to expect and I thought I would try to help by using my first year experience to answer any and all questions as best as I can. :smile:

I study Film and Literature.

Ask away. :biggrin:

Scroll to see replies

Original post by dmrich
Hello,

So I know this time last year I had a lot of questions and stuff about Warwick and what to expect and I thought I would try to help by using my first year experience to answer any and all questions as best as I can. :smile:

I study Film and Literature.

Ask away. :biggrin:

Accommodation with the hottest girls? :hubba: :hump:
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry
Reply 2
Original post by Sun_Bear
Accommodation with the hottest girls? :hubba: :hump:

Hahahaha, well it depends on what kind of girl you want I suppose. I am a straight girl myself so perhaps not the best to judge, but I guess if you would want the stereotypical posh girl, Bluebell, or the stereotypical party girl, Rootes. But that is based on the stereotypes of the accommodation, not the people there themselves. Good luck. :smile:
best accommodation ie value for money, facilities etc??????
Reply 4
All depends whether you want an en-suite or not.

I must say I have no en-suite and have managed FINE, and saved myself loads of money in the process.

Best en-suite for comfort: Bluebell.
Best en-suite for value: probably Jack Martin.

Best non en-suite: Westwood.

Hope this helps, this is all just my opinion. :smile:
Reply 5
Hey! I will be a BSc Econ fresher after the summer and I would like to ask if there is a fitness center on campus? Moreover, if there is a one, what are its working hours?

Thanks!
Reply 6
Original post by zaimovlf
Hey! I will be a BSc Econ fresher after the summer and I would like to ask if there is a fitness center on campus? Moreover, if there is a one, what are its working hours?

Thanks!

The sports centre on campus has a gym inside it available to all staff and students for a fee, there is also a swimming pool and several courts for different sports too.

You can find out all info including prices, facilities and opening hours by going to their website here: http://www2.warwick.ac.uk/services/sport/

Hope it helps. :biggrin:
Reply 7
What's the social life like? Would you say you really enjoy your time there and have made a lot of friends and such?

Also, seems like a stupid question, but where are you from? I'm from the North West of England and when I've been to Open Days everyone seems to be from London, so I'm worried they will think I'm some strange person from that land of far away - 'The North', hahaha. :P

And what is transport like? Is it easy to get the nearest train station, which I believe may be Coventry? And how far away is the centre of Birmingham and do you ever go there for shopping, or do you prefer somewhere closer like Coventry?
Hi! I was wondering if there were many house parties or parties in flats and halls at Warwick? I'll be 17 when going to university, so I'm scared of not being able to party and meet new people during Freshers Week and the first few months. Do you think this is going to be a problem?
Original post by RedDevil014
Hi! I was wondering if there were many house parties or parties in flats and halls at Warwick? I'll be 17 when going to university, so I'm scared of not being able to party and meet new people during Freshers Week and the first few months. Do you think this is going to be a problem?

there'll be pre-drinks, and I find that the best bit tbh!

but as for 'flat parties', probably not, unless you all just want to get smashed inside (which we did multiple times in first year hahaha).

depends on the people.
Reply 10

How come you'll be 17? Everyone from the year who's starting Uni in September should be 18 by August 31st. Unless you're super clever and have been moved up a year hahaha.
Original post by tehforum
there'll be pre-drinks, and I find that the best bit tbh!

but as for 'flat parties', probably not, unless you all just want to get smashed inside (which we did multiple times in first year hahaha).

depends on the people.

Haha well, I have a tendency to like alcohol abit too much. I just hope I'm with similar people, haha. Is it tough to get served when you're 17? Or can i just ask any of my friends to get me the drinks?
Original post by Burst15
How come you'll be 17? Everyone from the year who's starting Uni in September should be 18 by August 31st. Unless you're super clever and have been moved up a year hahaha.

I met a few people in my first year who were 17, both international students mind. I was assuming I would be the youngest to be there, as my birthday is in August. I don't think they were moved up a year, although they were clever.
Original post by Burst15

I guess that's one of the drawbacks of being an international student. That must be the case for English students, right? Well, i turn 17 in December so it doesn't make sense to take a gap year. I guess i just need to wait it out for the first few months.
You'll get served in the SU without any questions.

Kasbah and Smack only look at student id's so you can actually go clubbing...
Reply 15
I guess that's one of the drawbacks of being an international student. That must be the case for English students, right? Well, i turn 17 in December so it doesn't make sense to take a gap year. I guess i just need to wait it out for the first few months.

Ah yeah, thought you might be international. Yeah every student from the UK will be 18 by the time Uni starts. At least you've only got a few months to wait though. :smile:
Where are you from, if you don't mind me asking?
Original post by tehforum
You'll get served in the SU without any questions.

Kasbah and Smack only look at student id's so you can actually go clubbing...

Wow, great! That's so much better than i expected. I feel so much better now!
Original post by Burst15
Ah yeah, thought you might be international. Yeah every student from the UK will be 18 by the time Uni starts. At least you've only got a few months to wait though. :smile:
Where are you from, if you don't mind me asking?

Yeah, I hope those two months go by fast. I'm from India. Are you going to Warwick as well? What are you studying?
Reply 18
Yeah, I hope those two months go by fast. I'm from India. Are you going to Warwick as well? What are you studying?

Wow, coming quite far then! But yeah I'm pretty sure time will fly by. My birthday is in July so it's been really annoying having to wait until then while the rest of my friends turn 18, hahaha. But a few months will be nothing to wait :smile:
Yeah hopefully, as long as I get the grades. I'll be studying Politics, you?
Original post by Burst15
Wow, coming quite far then! But yeah I'm pretty sure time will fly by. My birthday is in July so it's been really annoying having to wait until then while the rest of my friends turn 18, hahaha. But a few months will be nothing to wait :smile:
Yeah hopefully, as long as I get the grades. I'll be studying Politics, you?

Haha yeah, it's the first time I'll be staying alone so I'm quite excited! Are your exams over? Wow, Politics sounds interesting. What's your condition to get in? I'll be studying Accounting, as long as i get the grades as well.

Quick Reply

Latest