The Student Room Group

Game of thrones, Lost or The Walking Dead?

Scroll to see replies

Should watch The Wire instead!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 21
Original post by BBeyond
I don't understand how people can rate Game of Thrones over Lost, Lost has such an epic and twisting storyline, it's amazing. :frown:

Preference. I personally love Lost (watch the video in my sig, it's awesome) but from a technical point of view it's not a better show then GoT, some shows just resonate better with certain people. Tbh thinking about it I can't actually pinpoint a reason as to why I prefer Lost, GRRM's world and characters are easily on par with Lost. Lost just gives me more feels then any show I've ever watched, I guess I just loved those characters and their journeys more.
My parents won't let me watch game of thrones but I've seen walking dead and I love it soooooo much
Original post by Deshi
Preference. I personally love Lost (watch the video in my sig, it's awesome) but from a technical point of view it's not a better show then GoT, some shows just resonate better with certain people. Tbh thinking about it I can't actually pinpoint a reason as to why I prefer Lost, GRRM's world and characters are easily on par with Lost. Lost just gives me more feels then any show I've ever watched, I guess I just loved those characters and their journeys more.

I can't view any sigs?
Game of Thrones you should watch, I love it so much that after the first season I read all the books, even though I know what is going to happen I still find the show awesome- that says a lot. I really like The Walking Dead, first season is undeniably the best. I heard lost got **** after the first 2 seasons, and the ending got spoiled for me, but Ill watch it at some point...
(edited 9 years ago)
Didn't watch Lost, but people I know who did watch it lost interest in it after a while and said it stopped making sense. Game of Thrones is brilliant. Walking Dead is okay, first two seasons were best.
Reply 26
Original post by BBeyond
I can't view any sigs?

You must have them turned off

Spoiler

Best Lost vid on Youtube

Original post by aworldalone
Game of Thrones you should watch, I love it so much that after the first season I read all the books, even though I know what is going to happen I still find the show awesome- that says a lot. I really like The Walking Dead, first season is undeniably the best. I heard lost got **** after the first 2 seasons, and the ending got spoiled for me, but Ill watch it at some point...

Season 4 of Lost is one of the best seasons of TV I've watched. The Walking Dead has one good season, Lost has over 4 seasons worth.

A lot of people recite the bolded but 9/10 times they are wrong about the ending (personally it's one of my favourite endings ever), it's not confusing in the slightest, I can't believe so many people didn't get it (not aimed at you). I'm glad that it frequently gets listed as one of the best written shows/one of the best shows outright, but the bad part of the legacy

Spoiler

is annoying. There are a lot of points you can make about the show to criticise it that would be correct but that's just so misleading, it's a shame it's such a widespread consensus amongst people that have never watched the show and as a result don't because they are missing out on a landmark TV series.
I've only seen Game of Thrones so I'll say that's best.
I enjoyed all three shows equally. :smile: So if you're planning on watching all three anyways, I would say start with Lost since it's completed already. The show loses its momentum after a while though, but it is still a very good show. TWD next because there's no in-depth plot so you don't have to wreck your brain (Esp. after Lost). It also goes along quickly... At least it did for me. Finally, take your time with Game of Thrones. :wink: This is a show you can't rush with. Expect a lot of reading up because the amount of history in this show is insane.
I purchased season 1,2&3 of lost and weekend as well as the released seasons of GoT so far. Prefer GoT
Lost was literally magical for the first four seasons, the show gets stick for not keeping up that level for the other two seasons, but they're not too bad. As said by another user, game of thrones is more current so start with that, it is also amazing!
Original post by joe4234
Just as the title says, which is the best and which should I watch first? Game of thrones, Lost, or the walking dead?

Game of Thrones: Still ongoing but judging by the way the books are going it's going to go from high to high.

Lost: AWESOME start. Amazing first two seasons then gets annoying and reptitive over time with a dissappointing ending.

Walking Dead: Still going but is on the decline imo. First two seasons were the best then getting gradually worse.
Out of these 3, I've only ever seen The Walking Dead and it sounded right up my street but I think its one of the more boring and dull things I've ever watched in my life.

I reckon I would like Lost and GOT. I'll need to get around to watching them sometime. From what I know about them, I think Lost would probably be my favourite.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Nice to see some other Lost fans!

Lost was great TV. When it came out it was what we can call 'The High Bar' in TV. It really raised it and it brought a whole new level of depth to TV that hadn't been around for many years. I love the show and watched it all. I'll admit that in the later seasons, it was just silly. I like to pretend they didn't happen. But I still loved it because it was a show that first introduced me to the impact a tv show can have on the audience. Some of the moments in the show struck me to the core. 'We Have to Go Back' was absolutely incredible moment in TV.

Game of Thrones, and this is coming from a big Lost fan, is obviously better than Lost. I think that anyone denying that is basing it on their own personal emotional experiences with the shows, and that's not fair. GOT is the new 'High Bar'. At the moment it's head and shoulders clear of anything else on TV. Each episode is like a mini film, it has characters that are deeper than any others on mainstream TV, and it's also surprisingly funny and easy to watch. There are loads of people who just want to hate GOT, because it's so big and popular, which is fair enough. But it would be an outright lie not to acknowledge that it's currently top dog in TV. Whereas Lost has a few moments that you slowly build up to over a few episodes, each GOT episode has something majestic or beautiful in it that you can watch on its own and sit in awe. And whereas Lost reserved goosebump inspiring moments til the end of their seasons, Game of Thrones delivers them every other episode. The show has made me laugh, cry, angry, and happy. Truly it is a rollercoaster to watch.

When comparing the two, you have to acknowledge that Lost came first. Any mistakes it made, any innovations it brought, all of these would be available for the GOT producers to learn from. So whilst GOT is obviously better, if we want to give them a fair assessment we have to look at it from even footing. Which innovates more? Which makes less mistakes? I think when looking at it from this perspective it's still GOT, but it makes for a more even footed debate.

And by the way, I love The Walking Dead, but it's not in the same league. There are dozens of shows that could be there in that third spot that could easily be argued as better than it. Obvious choice is Breaking Bad.
(edited 9 years ago)
Lost was amazing!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quick Reply

Latest