The Student Room Group

Rural school deemed 'too white' by Ofsted visits London to mix with ethnic pupils

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
But white people aren't all from the uk I think that they r forgetting this part people can emigrate here from all over the word and not just be 'black' if that is the right term and I'm not being classed as racist by saying it. How can a school hav too many pupils of any kind, we are all unique and by saying they are too many white people is categorising everyone and stopping every one from being unique, in my opinion. Every one is different n it doesn't matter what colour skin u hav of how many hav the same skin colour as u in ur class

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Maid Marian
I've never eaten any 'foreign' food.

How the hell are you alive? :confused:
Original post by The Socktor
How the hell are you alive? :confused:

I don't know, I wish I weren't.
Reply 23
'and we don’t want children growing up thinking the whole world is full of trees and cows. '

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2651108/Rural-school-deemed-white-Ofsted-visits-London-mix-ethnic-pupils.html#ixzz33yIw1j9r
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

What is wrong with young children believing that the world is full of trees and cows anyway?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Snagprophet
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2651108/Rural-school-deemed-white-Ofsted-visits-London-mix-ethnic-pupils.html

I think what saddens me most is this quote

How does living in a different part of England make them have a different culture (and that culture as well)?

I live literally 15 minutes away from Payhembury. It is a tiny little village in the middle of nowhere.

It is well known that rural Devon is not as multicultural as places like London. You can certainly see a big difference when you go to London and you have lived in Devon all your life, like myself. That doesn't stop these children every visiting Exeter - it is pretty much 20 minutes, half an hour at most from Payhembury. If they want to see a city, go there! Sure, it isn't London but it isn't a small, rural village surrounded by trees.

This really makes me laugh if it is centred around the fact the village isn't multicultural enough. I live in the middle of nowhere in Devon too, have all my life, and I did not grow up unaware that some who isn't white could possibly exist or that all to life was trees and cows.

This seriously is political correctness gone mad.
Oh look people on TSR are dumb as always.

OFSTED did not force the school to arrange the trip. There was only a one liner in the article to suggest that the school, by its own volition planned the trip for its own benefit, to increase its rating from good to outstanding.
(edited 9 years ago)
I love foreign people, but why oh why do we need to go out of our way to make sure things aren't "too white". ****ing stupid.
Original post by JindleBrey
I love foreign people, but why oh why do we need to go out of our way to make sure things aren't "too white". ****ing stupid.

Try utilising your brain cells, and then come back with a coherent response.
Don't worry, another thousand Africans were rescued from the Mediterranean today, so after being paid to leave Italy those that don't settle in Paris will look to London, and Devon might get the runoff.
Original post by tehforum
Try utilising your brain cells, and then come back with a coherent response.

wat
Original post by TenMileTie
Don't worry, another thousand Africans were rescued from the Mediterranean today, so after being paid to leave Italy those that don't settle in Paris will look to London, and Devon might get the runoff.

Urgh no, I love Devon, don't want it ruined.
Doesn't the fact that this is DailyMail make you question the credibility of this info?
Reply 32
I don't see what the issue is? I do think that having an ALL white school is boring and totally outdated in this era of multiculturalism.
Original post by Maid Marian
In your opinion. And not everyone is destined to be friends :lol:

People are different, that's all. I don't really care about other cultures, have no interest in going off to visit other countries, really. I'm happy enough with my own culture and traditions. :dontknow:

I love other countries! So exciting. Such good food!!!!!
Original post by Mockery
I'm inclined to agree, but would you say that casual sterotyping as a result of unfamiliarity is explicit racism?

And what about areas exlusively comprised of ethnic minorities; do you propose the fragmentation and dissolution of these into the wider community?

It makes me feel VERY uncomfortable, that's all I can say really.

As long as they are happy to spend time with other cultures that's cool :smile:
JacquelineWilson.jpg

Maybe they can do exchanges.
Just boring scare mongering as a result of chinese whisper reporting. :yawn:
Original post by Armin.
I don't see what the issue is? I do think that having an ALL white school is boring and totally outdated in this era of multiculturalism.

Wow. What on earth must we have done decades ago when the Uk was even more white. My school had a handful of black kids out of about 1000 pupils, I don't remember it being boring. Besides, if I want to learn about other cultures I can pick up a book or look on the internet, I don't need foreign cultures foist on me to learn about them.
The Wurzels would argue that Devon is different from other parts of the country. In a celebratory way.
Original post by JindleBrey

I dont think this is what theyre actually planning to do. Just the DM taking a story, and making wild claims. As per usual

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending