The Student Room Group

Effect of exam stress on results??? (please answer quick)

So I am about halfway through my GCSE exams and unluckily for me, I am a person who gets stressed. I mean REALLY stressed about important exams and so while I was studying I frequently suffered symptoms or stress , depression, feeling sick etc.

I recently saw an article that said that stressed students at GCSE drop more than 1.5 grades if they are stressed. I feel that my exams so far have gone pretty well with one or two really well and one ( french) being unsure. Have I failed my exams despite this? Have I somehow messed up and got exam technique wrong? While going into the actual exams I felt calm, not necessarily confident but calm and I felt that there was only one or two questions that I was perhaps a bit unsure of. I am predicted all As with 2 Bs and 2A*s but I am worried that I will not get these. I have worked so hard , much harder than any of my peers and I really want to do well.

so what do you think? Have I messed up or am I ok?

please answer quickly
thanks
Original post by sirpintwall
So I am about halfway through my GCSE exams and unluckily for me, I am a person who gets stressed. I mean REALLY stressed about important exams and so while I was studying I frequently suffered symptoms or stress , depression, feeling sick etc.

I recently saw an article that said that stressed students at GCSE drop more than 1.5 grades if they are stressed. I feel that my exams so far have gone pretty well with one or two really well and one ( french) being unsure. Have I failed my exams despite this? Have I somehow messed up and got exam technique wrong? While going into the actual exams I felt calm, not necessarily confident but calm and I felt that there was only one or two questions that I was perhaps a bit unsure of. I am predicted all As with 2 Bs and 2A*s but I am worried that I will not get these. I have worked so hard , much harder than any of my peers and I really want to do well.

please answer quickly
thanks

Well I guess you'll have to wait and see. No-one knows how well you've done except the examiner that will mark your papers.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I find that its best to give no cares about your results until the 21st aug. don't ruin your summer worrying about them, face the consequences later, especially since you can't do anything about it..
Ahh the good ol' suffer from 'Depression'. You kids throw that word around nowadays like a rugby ball (excuse me for that awful simile).
Original post by BlackLipBastard
Ahh the good ol' suffer from 'Depression'. You kids throw that word around nowadays like a rugby ball (excuse me for that awful simile).

Who doesn't?
Worry if you haven't revised. If you have, ask yourself, why should you be?
Reply 6
Original post by sirpintwall

please answer quickly
thanks

the thought of you thinking your stresses, probably has made you worry more! just stay calm about the whole situation and whats done is done, your predicting pretty high grades suggesting your a good student and if you feel you have done pretty well, then you more than likely have! if you've done more work than others and you've revised then you have nothing to worry about because you have done the best you could! once each exam is over just try to forget about which I know is hard but its best! for me I am very passionate about history and I came out thinking I had done awful and so I didn't talk to anyone about it and it honestly made me less stressed! best of luck for the rest of exams hope all goes well!

Quick Reply

Latest