The Student Room Group

Becoming a school prefect - Help

Hey guys ! So since I am in 5th year or year 11 ( if I am right :biggrin: ) then I want to become a prefect, thus I went to the teacher that chooses pupils and she gave me a application to fill in.

And this is basically what it says " Prefects are expected to wear full school uniform, including a blazer, even on a non-duty days. They are role models for younger pupils and must conduct themselves on exemplary manner at all times. Prefects have a mandatory duties and are expected to support staff with events such as Parents' Evenings or concerts. They have a leadership role and work with senior staff to ensure good order and respect in and around the school. If you feel that this is a role you could perform well, please complete the application below. "
The thing is that I havent got a clue what to say ? If anyone of you could help me that'll be great. Thanks for any replies !
Original post by guzz6
Hey guys ! So since I am in 5th year or year 11 ( if I am right :biggrin: ) then I want to become a prefect, thus I went to the teacher that chooses pupils and she gave me a application to fill in.

And this is basically what it says " Prefects are expected to wear full school uniform, including a blazer, even on a non-duty days. They are role models for younger pupils and must conduct themselves on exemplary manner at all times. Prefects have a mandatory duties and are expected to support staff with events such as Parents' Evenings or concerts. They have a leadership role and work with senior staff to ensure good order and respect in and around the school. If you feel that this is a role you could perform well, please complete the application below. "
The thing is that I havent got a clue what to say ? If anyone of you could help me that'll be great. Thanks for any replies !

Think of reasons why you would be good at this sort of thing:

Do you have any leadership skills, e.g. captain of a sports team?

Are you good at teamwork?

Are you a good communicator?

Are you able to listen effectively and get things done?

Do you have good time management skills?

All of that sort of stuff.

Hope this helps, and best of luck for your application! :smile:
Okay thanks ! And how should I start it ? And theres also a question why I want to be a prefect. And I want to do it basically as a challenge as Ive never done something like this before and also just because it looks good on a CV. So what shall I say under that question ? Thanks again ! :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending