The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Pikki1234
Thank you!
Also, is there only the june 2013 paper for the new specification

Yup, the new spec only has the June '13 paper which is why it's so difficult to get hold of past papers for it...
Thank you!
Also, is there only the june 2013 paper for the new specification

But there is a spec paper to look at too.
Reply 22
Original post by robzwolf
But there is a spec paper to look at too.

Yeah, I just got that one. Thanks anyway :smile:
Reply 23
Has anyone found the june 2013 mark scheme?
Reply 24
Here you go remember to hit that rep button if it helped.
Does anyone have any tips for tackling section D part of the test paper and dealing with 6 mark questions
hi there if anyone has done the b4-6 paper tell me what topics came up please it would be very helpful :smile:, (ocr gateway b spec by the way)
Reply 27
Could anyone explain whether the pulmonary artery carries blood fro the lungs or to the lungs :s-smilie: The book seems to contradict itself. Also does the oxygenated blood from the lungs go into the left ventricle?
Reply 28
Original post by Rik21
Could anyone explain whether the pulmonary artery carries blood fro the lungs or to the lungs :s-smilie: The book seems to contradict itself. Also does the oxygenated blood from the lungs go into the left ventricle?

the pulmonary artery carries blood from the heart to the lungs (arteries go away from the heart) and oxygenated blood goes into the left atrium through the pulmonary vein (veins visit the heart)
Reply 29
guys wat do u think the grade boundaries are going to be over all i heard there going to be 90% for a A* 80% A ..... 60% for a C
Reply 30
Original post by mark000
guys wat do u think the grade boundaries are going to be over all i heard there going to be 90% for a A* 80% A ..... 60% for a C

The grade boundaries are usually very low - so around 75-80% for an a*
Reply 31
Original post by cmcw
the pulmonary artery carries blood from the heart to the lungs (arteries go away from the heart) and oxygenated blood goes into the left atrium through the pulmonary vein (veins visit the heart)

Doesn't it enter the left ventricle and go through the bicuspid valve? Then goes into the left atrium, into the aorta to provide the body with oxygenated blood?
Original post by mark000

Gosh, no, they're much lower!

Here they are for last year from the OCR website. Note that even though it says 'B5, B6, B7' (WTF) I rung them up and found out that it's a mistake in their document, it should say 'B4, B5, B6'.

Reply 33
Original post by Rik21
Doesn't it enter the left ventricle and go through the bicuspid valve? Then goes into the left atrium, into the aorta to provide the body with oxygenated blood?

that's basically right, but the atria are at the top and the ventricles are at the bottom so it enters the left atrium then through the bicuspid valve into the ventricle and out through the aorta
Reply 34
I thought the veins always enter the ventricles? :s-smilie: Can you double check please? :smile:
Does anyone have any past papers or practise questions for b4b5b6?

when you look for past papers on the OCR website, there are some in the "Legacy" section - there's no section D though.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 36
Original post by Rik21
I thought the veins always enter the ventricles? :s-smilie: Can you double check please? :smile:

hope this helps, it should have something in a textbook or revision guide if you have one
Reply 37
Original post by Rik21

tried to send a diagram but it won't work, look at these:
https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=simple+heart+diagram&espv=2&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ei=L5qYU4yeEbCV7AakiYGQBg&ved=0CAYQ_AUoAQ&biw=1366&bih=667#imgdii=_
hopefully that helps, if not then a revision guide should have something in if you have one? there's some stuff about it in b3 as well so you could look at that, but it's definitely the atria that blood flows into first
Reply 38
Original post by robzwolf
Gosh, no, they're much lower!

Here they are for last year from the OCR website. Note that even though it says 'B5, B6, B7' (WTF) I rung them up and found out that it's a mistake in their document, it should say 'B4, B5, B6'.

that was last year the paper was harder but wat is the grade boundaries going to be this year over all how much ums for a* in each exam
Reply 39
Original post by Rik21

Google image a diagram of the heart, it's definitely the atria that they go into

Latest

Trending

Trending