The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by cmcw
Google image a diagram of the heart, it's definitely the atria that they go into

I don't mean to be rude but i am 99% sure that the veins travel into the ventricles :s-smilie: What text book are you using?
Original post by Rik21
I don't mean to be rude but i am 99% sure that the veins travel into the ventricles :s-smilie: What text book are you using?

I can confirm that Pulmonary Vein goes into left Atrium ​and Vena Cava goes into right Atrium.
Reply 42
Original post by cmcw
Google image a diagram of the heart, it's definitely the atria that they go into

Original post by sahillion
I can confirm that Pulmonary Vein goes into left Atrium ​and Vena Cava goes into right Atrium.

Thank you so much! You are life savers!
Good luck for today, everyone!
Reply 44
How did you find the exam?? I thought it was quite hard and so did most of the people in my year group :-)
Reply 45
Okay actually, some questions were quite hard and I almost mucked up the second 6 marker. We shouldn't talk too much about the answers until after midnight because otherwise people who haven't taken the exam may do better, and lift the grade boundaries, imagine being one mark off a grade! :/
It was an okay exam, but I was expecting it to be hard, considering the unnatural ease of the B1-3 paper

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by 1252
How did you find the exam?? I thought it was quite hard and so did most of the people in my year group :-)

couldn't even answer some questions
What do you think about what I wrote:

The fan increases the movement of air particles, which means that water molecules can evaporate into water vapour. In A, there will be no mass change, because of the oil, which will inhibit water molecules from evaporating into the atmosphere. However, with B, mass will decrease, as the plant will move water up through the xylem to the leaves, where they will be exposed the high movement of the air particles, and hence evaporate into water vapour. Hence, A will not lose any mass, whereas B will continuously lose mass due to the continuous transpiration pull that brings water to the surface of the leaf, where it can evaporate.

The hip joint is an example of a ball and socket joint. As a result, there is a large range of movement available in all directions. Norman's joint, however, is very large, which means that there is less synovial fluid. Synovial fluid absorbs shock and acts a lubricant, preventing friction. Since he has less synovial fluid, there will be more friction opposing his motion, thereby leading to him having a smaller range of movement.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 49
Original post by 1252

yeah that was what the majority of the people in our year said as well, a lot of the questions were about analysing graphs
Ah, we all thought it was fairly easy. That one question about 'partially decomposed dead material' though we both put "detritus" instead of "humus"! :angry:
I thought it was... I don't even know. Some parts were horrific, some parts were okay... I dunno!!! :frown: btw did vase A also have oil over it the same as B??
I hated that exam.
Original post by Qaiys
I thought it was... I don't even know. Some parts were horrific, some parts were okay... I dunno!!! :frown: btw did vase A also have oil over it the same as B??

Yeah they both had oil over them :frown:
Reply 54
Original post by Huda_medo
Yeah they both had oil over them :frown:

Can't even remember what this question was about

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Pikki1234
Can't even remember what this question was about

Posted from TSR Mobile

It was about how the mass of water changed between the two flasks, one had a plant in and the other didn't.
How hard did you find the exam?
Reply 56
It was about how the mass of water changed between the two flasks, one had a plant in and the other didn't.
How hard did you find the exam?

so what are the grade boundaries going to be ... are they going to be like 90% for an A* out of the total 208 marks how much do u need for a c?
Original post by mark000
so what are the grade boundaries going to be ... are they going to be like 90% for an A* out of the total 208 marks how much do u need for a c?

It's roughly around 65% on this paper for an A*,
not sure what you need for a C :-/
Reply 58
It's roughly around 65% on this paper for an A*,
not sure what you need for a C :-/

over all the ums out of 85+75+48 marks
This paper's level of difficulty was very similar to that of the June 2013 paper, so I'm placing my bets on it being very similar - or the same - as that year.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest

Trending

Trending