The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Ellisr
In the first question I think it wanted to talk about active transport but on the second part there was emphasis on the roots being above the ground so I think it wanted you to talk more about creating energy for growth etc by absorbing O2 but you will still probably get marks ☺️. What did everyone put for the surface area of the rats intestines increasing !?

What was the second question? I only remember one about roots respiring etc?
Reply 81
Me and the majority of my friends said it was fungi with 7%. Although, I did initially think that it was prokaryotes.

Didn't really like that exam though...
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Daig
The majority of my friends and me said it was fungi with 7%. Although, I did initially think that it was prokaryotes.

Didn't really like that exam though...

That's what I got, but it was so confusing and badly worded, I redid it about 7 times -_- it could be either tbh :/ I didn't like the exam much either, far too much data analysis.
It was prokaryotes. It asked for the kingdom the was the least found, or something - not estimated for the future. 0.88% was correct

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 84
Original post by Qaiys
What was the second question? I only remember one about roots respiring etc?

The first question was about nutrient content being low due to lack of active transport and the second was about roots but above the ground as shown in the picture
Original post by Ellisr
The first question was about nutrient content being low due to lack of active transport and the second was about roots but above the ground as shown in the picture

I wrote about bacteria for the first part, as it was about the nutrient content being low, not why the plant takes it up in low concentrations

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 86
Original post by kingaaran
I wrote about bacteria for the first part, as it was about the nutrient content being low, not why the plant takes it up in low concentrations

Posted from TSR Mobile
yes but the nutrient content is low due to less active tansport , I can't really remember the question exactly some of them were worded weirdly
It was prokaryotes. It asked for the kingdom the was the least found, or something - not estimated for the future. 0.88% was correct

Posted from TSR Mobile

I got prokaryotes too!! Hope it was right x

Posted from TSR Mobile
It was an alright exam not too hard but harder than unit 1 - what did u guys do for the 6 mark transpiration one!?

Posted from TSR Mobile
What do you think about what I wrote:

The fan increases the movement of air particles, which means that water molecules can evaporate into water vapour. In A, there will be no mass change, because of the oil, which will inhibit water molecules from evaporating into the atmosphere. However, with B, mass will decrease, as the plant will move water up through the xylem to the leaves, where they will be exposed the high movement of the air particles, and hence evaporate into water vapour. Hence, A will not lose any mass, whereas B will continuously lose mass due to the continuous transpiration pull that brings water to the surface of the leaf, where it can evaporate.

The hip joint is an example of a ball and socket joint. As a result, there is a large range of movement available in all directions. Norman's joint, however, is very large, which means that there is less synovial fluid. Synovial fluid absorbs shock and acts a lubricant, preventing friction. Since he has less synovial fluid, there will be more friction opposing his motion, thereby leading to him having a smaller range of movement.

Posted from TSR Mobile

For your second answer, mine was very similar. But my friends talked about osteoporosis... The brittle bone :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by shakaykay
For your second answer, mine was very similar. But my friends talked about osteoporosis... The brittle bone :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yay! :biggrin: It wasn't brittle, just bigger and damaged, I think.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Ellisr
yes but the nutrient content is low due to less active tansport , I can't really remember the question exactly some of them were worded weirdly

The thing is, however, I don't understand that: surely if there is less active transport, there would be more minerals in the soil, as less would be being absorbed?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Ellisr

Ohhh okay, I said for the first one that fewer minerals was a lack of decomposers due to a lack of oxygen meaning they couldn't respire. And the second one was for energy for active transport? ;s

Posted from TSR Mobile

That's what I thought...
for the first extended question about transpiration did anybody talk about how the dustance from the fan would effect the movement of air particles which would effect rate of transpiration?
Reply 94
I got fungi with 7% question was badly worded
Original post by Shadoo
I got fungi with 7% question was badly worded

Ikr! Stoooopid
Reply 96
what did u guys get for why the discovered amount of species was higher than the estimated. I said because living things are on a continuous stage of evolution and somet else cant remember what else i put.
Original post by Shadoo
what did u guys get for why the discovered amount of species was higher than the estimated. I said because living things are on a continuous stage of evolution and somet else cant remember what else i put.

I put something similiar like creatures are constantly evolving so one species may have been counted more than once because they have changed due to evolution
Original post by SCIENCE :D
I put something similiar like creatures are constantly evolving so one species may have been counted more than once because they have changed due to evolution

Original post by Shadoo

I put new species could evolve due to natural selection?
Reply 99
Original post by SCIENCE :D

yeh there was another point i put cant seem to remember it though lol.
What did u get for the fermentation 6 mark one i talked about the rate being double from 0-8 and from 4-14% conc rate was the same. I wrote the equation I talked about at 14% yeast die enzymes denature sugar is needed for yeast to respire more sugar yeast respire and reproduce quicker etc....

Latest

Trending

Trending