The Student Room Group
St Salvators Quad, University of St Andrews
University of St Andrews

Mobile Phones

I have a son at St Andrews and I want to buy him a phone. I know reception up there can be tricky. So any thoughts on the best network? He at present has a Tesco phone and that seems to work but......

Also, I know there is a Carphone Warehouse in St A. Ii it any good. Reviews i have seen are very contradictory.
Original post by olddad
I have a son at St Andrews and I want to buy him a phone. I know reception up there can be tricky. So any thoughts on the best network? He at present has a Tesco phone and that seems to work but......

Also, I know there is a Carphone Warehouse in St A. Ii it any good. Reviews i have seen are very contradictory.

Network coverage is slightly patchy on most networks. I'm on O2 as are most people at St A, it seems to be pretty good.
St Salvators Quad, University of St Andrews
University of St Andrews
Original post by olddad

Network coverage isn't too great, i'm on O2 and you can't get coverage in 20-30% of the town, less likely in a flat or some buildings.

I used carphone warhouse, its probably better than phones4u.

Quick Reply

Latest