The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Mustard-man
The thing is with maths you either get it, or don't.

That's probably the simplest explanation for it; it's just that the people posting their near immaculate grades are the ones who get it. A real talent in English, for example, may not necessarily mean amazing scores because there is a lot of subjectivity involved, but in maths, if you've got the talent, you're almost guaranteed a great score as long as you don't make big mistakes.
Reply 21
silent ninja
Thats about right :p:
The papers this June were bit less predicatable than previous years, but the dudes in the maths forum (you included) are darn good and would have got high marks regardless. TSR doesnt reflect the real student world.

But I'm sure you would agree that all the questions asked will have almost identical counterparts in past papers or the textbooks?
Yeah, pretty much. What they test you on is fairly limited.
1) People on TSR are those interested in education and hence get the top grades
2) Several people here go to extremely good schools
3) Those with high marks are more likely to talk about them than those with low marks

I'd like to think my results (AABC, As in only a third of A2 modules and none of them full marks) make me relatively normal :p:
Reply 24
kellywood_5
1) People on TSR are those interested in education and hence get the top grades
2) Several people here go to extremely good schools
3) Those with high marks are more likely to talk about them than those with low marks

I'd like to think my results (AABC, As in only a third of A2 modules and none of them full marks) make me relatively normal :p:

Thats the answer to the OP.
I ate lots of bananas.

Latest