The Student Room Group

AS maths grading

Hi I've finished my C1 and C2 paper but an almost certain I have gotten Us in both of them :frown: i just got really behind. I have my statistics exam on Tuesday and am really confident in statistics and feel I am going to do very well in that paper. So my question is if I have a U in c1 and c2 but an A in statistics.. Will I still get a U overall?
Reply 1
If you get at least 40 ums between C1 and C2 you can get an E which is a pass

70 between C1 and C2 and you can get a D

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by O'phelia
Hi I've finished my C1 and C2 paper but an almost certain I have gotten Us in both of them :frown: i just got really behind. I have my statistics exam on Tuesday and am really confident in statistics and feel I am going to do very well in that paper. So my question is if I have a U in c1 and c2 but an A in statistics.. Will I still get a U overall?

Depends how high the A and how low the U's but in reality, yes you could still get a U - but if you had 40 in both C1 and C2 then got 100 in S1 you would have a C!
Original post by O'phelia

If you scrape E's or just get one mark below it (so a U, but a high U) on both of the exams and then get 100 UMS on the stats, then you could scrape a C.

say you get 40 UMS on both C1 and C2 and 100 UMS on S1 you have 180 UMS.

180/3 = 60 which is a C I believe

If you just scrape an A on the Stats (80 UMS) then you will get a lowish D overall.

40 + 40 + 80 = 160

160/3 = 53

You probably will not get a U overall, don't worry :smile:

[e] the poster below gave a good tool, but there is a space in the link, so follow this one, for ease

http://umstools.sourceforge.net/demo/www/index.php?p=calculator&target=gce
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 4
http://umstools.sourceforge.net/demo/www/index.php?p=calculator&target=gce

Be sure to select the 'Maths' specification in the qualification type.

Play around with numbers as you wish. As another poster said, if you get 40UMS averaged between C1 and C2, then you can get a C overall by getting 100UMS in S1.

Or of course, resit everything next year.
Reply 5
Thanks everyone for the reply :smile: the papers I took were out of 75 marks and not 100 so what would be the grade boundaries

Quick Reply

Latest