The Student Room Group

Movies you have thought are awesome, yet underrated on review sites and by others

Scroll to see replies

Original post by syrettd
Yeah, he was the best! He gets some amazing lines in that film.

What about Tom Cruise? 😂
Original post by jamez870
What about Tom Cruise? 😂

I forgot about him! I still find it hard to believe that's really him, but everyone else says it's so obvious. I like when he's yelling down the phone at the Vietnamese kidnappers and after he hangs up calmly goes 'We do not negotiate with terrorists' and everyone applauds :tongue:
Original post by BarBaBaBaBarBaBaBa
The 1998 version of Godzilla

What was so wrong about that?!

*sigh* god what an awful, awful movie....

sorry I've just upset myself from remembering my disappointment
I mean, I like movies that are "so bad that they're good" but, no, godzilla (the 90s movie) was a disaster
it was even worse than lesbian vampire killers
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 24
Original post by karmacrunch
The Fifth Estate

This film is completely underrated, pretty much forgotten about! Crave to see it again, so good.
Reply 25
Pain and gain. I actually felt that movie was hilarious, even though the plot was so bizarre.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by AmonHen
This film is completely underrated, pretty much forgotten about! Crave to see it again, so good.

I know right! I was praising it so much and everyone I told didn't look impressed! It was so good! I think I'll buy it later :smile:
Reply 27
Original post by karmacrunch
I know right! I was praising it so much and everyone I told didn't look impressed! It was so good! I think I'll buy it later :smile:

Same here, perhaps because I'm a political/scandal fanatic. And it was great to see Cumberbatch and Brühl in those roles, ahhh I wanna watch it so bad again!
Insidious (horror film).

I think it's an absolutely fantastic horror, it's definitely the scariest film I've seen and I love horror films - yet it only has 65% on RT & 52% on meta critic :frown:
American Pie the Reunion
Reply 30
Stranger than Fiction
Original post by AmonHen
Same here, perhaps because I'm a political/scandal fanatic. And it was great to see Cumberbatch and Brühl in those roles, ahhh I wanna watch it so bad again!

Yeah and I thought both did really well to show the 'journey'! I didn't think I'd like a film like that but it proved me wrong
Reply 32
Death Proof.
Original post by ClaudiaButler
because it's bad:s-smilie::s-smilie::s-smilie:

I really like it and find it really scary - different opinions I guess.
Transformers Revenge of the Fallen
Robocop (2014)
"Pain and Gain, Bayformers 2, Amerian Pie: Reunion, Herbie" ...!?!?

Are this lot taking the mick? I believe they must be :frown:
Superman Returns and the Ridley Scott version of Robin Hood.
Agree with Cloud Atlas. Loved that film.

Without a Paddle is a hilarious movie, but it got rubbish reviews everywhere. I also thought the new Carrie adaption was alright.
K-Pax my favourite :smile:

Quick Reply